• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-man

Devil Dogs and the Navy go threw flight school together. So Johns jurnal is not gonna be a whole lot diferent than a Marines. But I guess I'd like to see onw too. You in the Corps, or thinking about it? There are Marine pilots around here. Serious brass though. I bet flight school was like 10 years ago for him. Samper Fi- O-man USMC 0311

SonnyTucson

Thanks for the response. I will read John's journal. I am a civilian (engineer) and I want to get into the Corps and fly. Any advice is welcome.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Senior Brass huh, never tought of myself as that just old guys. Oh well, a little bruised ego never hurts anyone. True, it was OVER 10 years ago that I was an SNA but I was the standardization officer and senior marine and simulator instructor for the past 3 years at Kingsville. I am also one of the authors for the T-45 syllabus. I might have an understanding about flight school. What do you think O-MAN? SF, Frumby "The Geriatric"

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

O-man

Well lets see- I was just playing when I called you senior brass. fairly standard for Marines to show effection by giving people a hard time, or a little ribbing. But then we had to go and admit that we actually helped WRITE THE BOOK on the T-45. I just have to leave that one alone. I like how you put "The Geriatric" at the end, because I dont know what that word means. for some reason it reminds me of the movie "the never ending story' where that kid visits the old turtle. for some reason I get the idea that whatever "geriatric" means- that turtle is the epitomy of it. Seriously though- Sonny... one thing I gotta say about Marines Air is that you are a Marine first. you gotta want to be a Marine MORE than an aviator. Thats the most inportant piece of advise this smart alic cheap shot takin' enlisted reservist can give you. Samper Fidelis PFC O-Man 0311 USMCR

Edited by - O-man on 11/05/2001 16:23:38

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Actually, I was amused. I've spent so many years ribbing the "older guys" that I never considered myself as getting up in age. Trust me, I've been a Marine for a long time. My skin is extremely thick. Keep sending the rounds down range. I'll answer all the questions in the Misc. forum at a later date. I'm going to be out of the country until next Wednesday. Good luck to all. SF, Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.