• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Issue Desert Boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clux4

Banned
Taxman2A said:
I would not spend money on bates lights. The problem is that in October the black boots will be officially unauthorized for all Marine Uniforms (even PT). I'm sure the sergeant instructors won't make an exception for you.

I am not trying to be a smart a$$ here, how about the old jungles boots. Those things kinda look like the new boots. The problem is that i went to Quantico couple weeks back and they told me they were out of the new boots at the cash sales (my size) and they were not sure if they were getting any more until spetember.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Clux4 said:
I am not trying to be a smart a$$ here, how about the old jungles boots. Those things kinda look like the new boots. The problem is that i went to Quantico couple weeks back and they told me they were out of the new boots at the cash sales (my size) and they were not sure if they were getting any more until spetember.

The old jungles look nothing like the new boots. To answer your question though, for boots to be authorized as per the new regulations, they must have the eagle globe and anchor embossed on the outer part of the ankles. This means that you can't go out and by brown colored PT boots (which they do sell).

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
When are you shipping Clux? The regs seem to be constantly changing. The OCS website is the most reliable source. I saw candidates pull Timberlands out of their bags as their "boots of choice", though none dared hump in them let alone wear them after improcessing. I went (1st increment this summer) with a pair of broken in Belleville's. They were the exact thing I was issued from cash sales at Quantico. They are tough to get ahold of.

Clux4

Banned
I am going next summer, but i want to start my running. At least get in couple miles on the thing before summer is over. This is my last year and i know ones i start school in september there is not going to be any time to go out and run a 6 miles or something in a boot. From what i heard, not everybody in the Marine Corps even has a pair not to talk of 2 and i am looking at getting 3. I have 2 right now, but i know i definitely need 3, running in wet boots is the easiest way to get blisters. I already called my OSO and he said he was getting with the Msgt. down at OCS training to get the latest gouge. So as soon as i get one i will pass it around.
I was also thinking if there is anybody on this site that has a pair the will sell. I would not mind buying one. For the Air contracts, they really don't use their boots after TBS.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.