• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC IRR to Naval Aviation

roose019

I did 4 years active as a Marine Officer (ATC) and got out, now I'm in the IRR. I won't bore you with my background/reasons...bottom line is I am interested in coming back as a Naval Aviator. First choice would be to come back to the Marines and go to flight school, but would also consider interservice transfer to the Navy.

Anyone ever done this before? I don't even know where to start on this one.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Hmm, no experience there with the transition, but being young doesn't hurt.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Assuming you got out as a senior 1st Lt or junior Capt, I'd imagine that could pose some interesting issues with making career milestones and such (at least if you came back in at your previous rank), but who knows.

Renegade One

None
I don't even know where to start on this one.
Oldest advice on this forum: "You'll never know unless you ask/try." But this isn't your best avenue..talk to the professionals….start with the Marines…move to Navy, etc. I'm guessing they're only a phone call or a "walk through the door" away. Good luck.