• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Board Meeting in DEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidsin

I know I'm posting a bit much lately...just shows that I got a lot to learn. Hope you all bare with me.

Just wanted to know....how are the people like...the ones that evaluate the packages?? What are they?? Rank wise?? I know this is a bit hard to determine, but on what basis do they choose people besides pt studs first pick..

Also, 100 words for the personal statement is a bit tight. The Navy requires 200 words. I almost get the impression that they don't care much about what's in our head as they do our bodies. I find that there are very highly intelligent Marines out there. The over-achiever types. Then again--what do I know.

Thanks
icon_smile_sleepy.gif

Semper Fi

JF

Someone on the "inside" would be better able to answer this but here is what I ve gathered through the process. The "board" is made up of mid-level officers. They take your package as sent by the OSO office and summarize it. Someone then presents this summary, I gather in oral form, to the board. Something probably like "Candidate X has good academic record, captian of football team, 270 PFT, solid recommendations etc..." The board then votes. I think you need at least 5 votes for acceptance. I am not sure how many total officers comprise the board.
It kinda sounds like pledging a fraternity! In a way I guess it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.