• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USEFUL OCS BOARD INFO

Aircrewman28

NRC
None
Attached is the current SWO PA that states the min GPA is 2.8 The PA supersedes OPNAVINST 1420 and NAVCRUITCOM Instructions.

Here is a good link to the PA's.
http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/Program-Authorizations.htm

The new IDC PA's are not updated. Changes to the new IDC PAs include IW 2.5 GPA, all other IDC PA's 2.8 min GPA, with a min OAR of 45. SWO options (IP, Ocean O, and IW) max age is 35. All regular IDC max age is 42.

Attachments

• SWO PA.pdf
    271.2 KB · Views: 119

Aircrewman28

NRC
None

Attachments

• Notice 1131 FY16 Enclosure (4) - Board Schedule - REV 1 - 26 AUG 2015.pdf
    113.2 KB · Views: 169

ehoney

Not in Kansas anymore
Is there a typical span of time between getting a pro-rec and a class date? Like for the SNA board in December 1st, would it be realistic to expect a class date in January, February, or March?

Kraner

Looks like a lot of people from the 'Octoberish' Pilot/NFO board that I 'missed' (although I had my kit complete) have a 24Jan class date, i.e. 4 months. But, I have also seen people from the june(?) board saying they are still waiting.
A quick scan of the FINSEL purgatory thread shows a 3 to 9+ month average. With a lot of people 'missing' the last board like myself and with classes only so big, we could be waiting awhile..
I too will be in the 01Dec, but for NFO, and I am really hoping for a 08May class date (5mo,1wk), or earlier! If I get pro-rec y obviously.

Aircrewman28

NRC
None
Several OCS classes have had folks show up with their weight (BCA) outside of limits. These folks are then rolled into the Holding Company and remain there for at least three weeks until the next new class arrives, if the person is now within standards. OCS is not fun, you do not want to be there any longer than possible. Do yourself a favor and do not show up outside of BCA limits.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Several OCS classes have had folks show up with their weight (BCA) outside of limits. These folks are then rolled into the Holding Company and remain there for at least three weeks until the next new class arrives, if the person is now within standards. OCS is not fun, you do not want to be there any longer than possible. Do yourself a favor and do not show up outside of BCA limits.

Or fail the initial PRT.

Is there a typical span of time between getting a pro-rec and a class date? Like for the SNA board in December 1st, would it be realistic to expect a class date in January, February, or March?

I was picked up in the September SNA board and have an OCS date of 29 NOV 15.

zack13usa

Thanks for the valuable information Aircrewman28,
I noticed a slight change on December's IDC board it looks like they'll convene two days earlier than it was anticipated. Is it normal for them to meet on a weekend?

exNavyOffRec

You also don't want to be the recruiter that sends a fat candidate to OCS

Chin

They should just send those who cant meet BCA or pass PRT home for good. There are people in line for their spots....come on. They must not want it that bad.