• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USA Politics Thunderdome

Hair Warrior

JO 1835
Contributor
I’m waiting to see which politicos on both sides pursue a direct commission as a naval officer: Jared, Ivanka, the other Trump kids, Chelsea Clinton (to set her up for a Senate run or something), others.

Intel and PAO seem to be the top choices for the politically connected. Hopefully the switch from DCOIC to ODS will reduce the number of applicants who aren’t willing to commit significant time.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This thread is in the war zone. My point is that this shit has been going on for quite a while.

Get the fuck over yourself.
The point remains that something can be (and often is) stupid regardless of which political tribe the offender belongs to. It's that hard part of life where more than one thing at a time can be true. But cool story. I hope you feel better.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
Wasn’t that the gist of my first post? I forgot the #triggerwarning, but like I said, putting politically connected bodies into reserve billets has been a thing for a while.

Most don’t end as hilariously as Mr. Biden’s epically short career, but I digress. Ripping schnief on the way to swear in is a bold strategy.

Don’t worry though, you’re still the coolest and toughest guy on the Internet.

wink

VS NFO. Blue and Gold Officer
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
♪♫ "Beautiful Dreamer . . ." ♪♫

No ENS ever commissioned is going to fix systematic NOSC dysfunction. That's at least an O-6 if not flag job at this point, sadly. If I were CNR, I would seriously consider burning the NOSC construct to the ground, giving responsibility to the gaining AC COs, and farming the FTS billets out accordingly. Not a magic solution, and there are sure pitfalls. But if incentivized and rolled out properly, it might be an alternative to this monthly shitshow. I'd like to think that between the four of them, an AC and RC head shed could do a better job at the unit level than this ridiculousness. And if nothing else, the AC would have to learn to speak reservist, and how to use us productively.
Sadly, this is called "situation normal" in NOSC land.
I don't know the internal workings, but in the 90s when at NAVEUR in London, we had no real Reserve Masters. Had a mob billet within NAVEUR and a drill billet on tje active staff. I was the unit Ops O and a, no shit, Convoy Commander as a mob billet. But we all drilled on the active staff. I was an asst air officer in N31. No reserve BS at all. No paperwork, no funky training. We had an AC LT and YN2 in Admin whose collateral duty was to coordinate our drills and orders. Very simple. Why not that?

Hair Warrior

JO 1835
Contributor
^ Not a bad thought.

I think if all new reserve accessions in-process through Great Lakes or Newport - before ever drilling once - that‘d take 42% of the NOSCs’ workload off their plates. Then we can look at the remainder and figure out what else can get offloaded from the NOSCs to other orgs. Trim down the NOSC job jar, streamline the leftover functions, then trim down their billets and re-assign those personnel.