• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

URL Boards Cancelled Until April?

Good Evening,

I have been working on getting to a SWO board for several board cycles now and my medical stuff just went through! I was told by my recruiter that there are is not going to be a February SWO board any longer? That they were shutting off the pipeline due to COVID concerns? I can't find anything verifying this, and honestly I don't really trust them. I have multiple times had to go above my recruiter to get things done in order to take care of my own career here. Anyone heard of boards not happening?

Here's a screenshot of the text:

So this would mean that the February 22nd SWO board is cancelled? I have a hard time believing this, even if quotas are going to be low. Should I call Mr. Celestine?

Very Respectfully,

WannaBShipDriver

Mirage

pilot
Good Evening,

I have been working on getting to a SWO board for several board cycles now and my medical stuff just went through! I was told by my recruiter that there are is not going to be a February SWO board any longer? That they were shutting off the pipeline due to COVID concerns? I can't find anything verifying this, and honestly I don't really trust them. I have multiple times had to go above my recruiter to get things done in order to take care of my own career here. Anyone heard of boards not happening?

Here's a screenshot of the text:

View attachment 28210

So this would mean that the February 22nd SWO board is cancelled? I have a hard time believing this, even if quotas are going to be low. Should I call Mr. Celestine?

Very Respectfully,

WannaBShipDriver
He may have more updated information somehow, but as of the guidance I was given as a GENOFF recruiter in early November, recruiters must contact the SWO program manager before proceeding with any applications and waivers will not be approved. The board in February is not cancelled (nor did he say it was). If your package was already submitted you'd be fine, but since it's not, only the program manager could say. Your recruiter should contact them to see.

In addition to the communities he listed, NFO and Supply are also still open.

Only in the most extreme circumstances should you go around your recruiter's back, and this isn't it. Better to keep pushing the recruiter to find the time to help you out the right way.

He may have more updated information somehow, but as of the guidance I was given as a GENOFF recruiter in early November, recruiters must contact the SWO program manager before proceeding with any applications and waivers will not be approved. The board in February is not cancelled (nor did he say it was). If your package was already submitted you'd be fine, but since it's not, only the program manager could say. Your recruiter should contact them to see.

In addition to the communities he listed, NFO and Supply are also still open.

Only in the most extreme circumstances should you go around your recruiter's back, and this isn't it. Better to keep pushing the recruiter to find the time to help you out the right way.

Thank you for your reply! I'll just hold tight.