• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Urinalysis in the Navy

rslone763

How intently do they watch? Do I have to drop my pants? When I went through MEPS they made us drop our clothes to our knees at the urinal, it took me like an hour. I’m hoping every test isn't that strict. I’m super pee shy and been stressing over it. Any recommendations to help quit worrying about it? I ship out next month and need to focus on other things. Thanks!

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Just get used to it, and remember you’re getting paid to pee for your government. Can’t say I’ve ever had stage fright, but to answer your question- no one has ever made me drop my pants to take a piss test.

Last edited:

villo0692

there's two piss tests at OCS, one is in the privacy of an empty restroom, and the second one is with a Gunnery Sergeant/Chief watching you and likely yelling at you. for the latter, make sure you're drinking plenty of water before so you actually come up with a sample. Also, they're not watching you really close....trust me, they don't wanna be there more than you do, so....take that as you will

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
How intently do they watch? Do I have to drop my pants? When I went through MEPS they made us drop our clothes to our knees at the urinal, it took me like an hour. I’m hoping every test isn't that strict. I’m super pee shy and been stressing over it. Any recommendations to help quit worrying about it? I ship out next month and need to focus on other things. Thanks!

Just get used to it, and remember you’re getting paid to pee for you government. Can’t say I’ve ever had stage fright, but to answer your question- no one has ever made me drop my pants to take a piss test.

Urinalysis policy recently changed and “test takers” need to have their trousers down. Apparently it stemmed from someone having a fake penis trying to game the system.

As what others have said, just gotta embrace the suck. You might find some tips online…

Shheen

Been in the Navy 10 years and I’m still a “crusher” meaning I’ve failed to piss is in the cup, had to crush it, drink water, and try again. It’s really not a big deal as long as you don’t take jokes personally. Some people spectate a little hard than others ??‍♂️

exNavyOffRec

I have urinalysis where the observer would glance over to make sure nothing funny was going on to having urinalysis where there were feet cutouts in front of the urinal where the supplier and the observer would stand.