• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

United to Hire 2,000 Flight Attendants

zornundo

I heard about this on the radio and was shocked when I heard the pay these people would get. A minimum of $16k/yr with $23-24k to be the max. ouch! That being said, I bet they'll be flooded with applications for just the 2000 positions. But I guess its similar to the military...do you really do it for the money?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hope they hire ones with smaller asses than the one on my flight back from leave. She had to turn sideways to make it down the aisle. I would call that a safety hazard but maybe it is diversity.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I heard about this on the radio and was shocked when I heard the pay these people would get. A minimum of $16k/yr with $23-24k to be the max. ouch! That being said, I bet they'll be flooded with applications for just the 2000 positions. But I guess its similar to the military...do you really do it for the money?
Guess what? The starting salary for the pilots at the regional airlines flying 50 & 70 seat jets is only in the $18k-23k range. Most don't break $30k until after their 3rd or 4th year, some not until after they make Captain. There is no shortage of pilots willing to take these jobs either.

What is really sad is that many airlines are trying to lower these pitiful pay scales even more.

nugget81

pilot
Guess what? The starting salary for the pilots at the regional airlines flying 50 & 70 seat jets is only in the $18k-23k range. Most don't break $30k until after their 3rd or 4th year, some not until after they make Captain.

To top it all off, most of these guys have worked very hard and paid tens of thousands of dollars to get to this point. Then again, if it was easy everyone would be doing it!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Guess what? The starting salary for the pilots at the regional airlines flying 50 & 70 seat jets is only in the $18k-23k range. Most don't break $30k until after their 3rd or 4th year, some not until after they make Captain. There is no shortage of pilots willing to take these jobs either.

What is really sad is that many airlines are trying to lower these pitiful pay scales even more.

Supply > Demand

(Not pointed at you... you obviously know this intimately...)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
(Flight Attendants) ......A minimum of $16k/yr with $23-24k to be the max. ouch! .....I guess its similar to the military...do you really do it for the money?
No, they do it because they like to go to exotic destinations and help people fall asleep sitting up and (*the females* ) to marry a pilot.

But now .... the pilots have no money or are furloughed. What is one to do ..... ??? :)

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Supply > Demand

(Not pointed at you... you obviously know this intimately...)

Fly,

Were you a logic major? The last time I used a ">" or "<" signal...well, was right now...but b4 it was on my SATs.

Another comparison...

The runs > Bahrain > Hell

~D

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I just thought the story might be a glimpse at the airline industry beginning to make a comeback; a year ago United was filing for bankruptcy if you recall.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly,

Were you a logic major? The last time I used a ">" or "<" signal...well, was right now...but b4 it was on my SATs.

Another comparison...

The runs > Bahrain > Hell

~D

Electrical Engineering... otherwise known as 4 years of a sh!tload of math. I just think the greater-than and less-than symbols make a shorter statement. Work smarter, not harder :)