• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

United and US Airways looking to merge

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now they can lose money (and your luggage) at twice the rate. Anyone wanting to hitch their wagon to US Airways HAS to be in some trouble.

nugget81

pilot
I just saw on the evening news that US Air, starting June 1st, will stop serving free snacks on all its flights because of "soaring fuels costs". But you can still get a refreshment for free. How can they possibly expect to merge if they can't expect to provide the same level of already crappy service that their competitors are?

I predict a bankruptcy for this airline within the next 12 months, maybe less...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The fact that US Air pilots could NOT integrate their seniority lists from a previous merger (US Air + America West) is bad news in and of itself ....

The fact that US Air pilots left ALPA as a direct result of this failure is a fatal blow to any future merger w/ UAL pilots -- UAL pilots who have traditionally been strong ALPA members.

My $20 worth ... :)

HuggyU2

None
Agreed. What investors are going to look at the issues involved with merging these seniority lists, and then say "yes, I'll invest in that!" ?

Ironic, though, should they merge: no longer being an ALPA airline could work against the USAir pilots.

I'm sure Stephen Wolf is still chuckling about the United-USAir merger attempt 8 years ago.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....I'm sure Stephen Wolf is still chuckling about the United-USAir merger attempt 8 years ago.
Wolfman -- what a piece of shit and a piece of work.

He screwed, blued, and tattooed the employees and shareholders at Republic, United, and US Air ... all in the span of 10-12 years ... very impressive.

Almost as impressive as how he lined his own pockets while his employees lost their jobs and their livelihood.