• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

uniforms for aviation ashore

WBGTSNA

NPQ from SNA
Contributor
MD to Jax/Mayport is probably 12hrs driving time... totally worth it.

I drove ATL to VA Beach (about 10-11 hrs if I remember) and it was the best decision I made the whole summer. Honestly, as long as you're staying on the east coast, you should take your POV. You're going to be there a whole month so that means that even a 15 hour drive could be justified. The formula I used was <Take your POV if (Hours driven there) + (Hours Driven back) <= (Total number of days on cruise)>

I think in your case that you might be right about on the border of that homemade equation, but I would still strongly urge that you consider driving (you will also make money on the travel claim and save money that you won't have to spend renting a car!)

rbridges416

what squadron are you going to in Mayport? I did my summer cruise last year with HSL-48. They were a good group of guys, but the ones I've kept in contact with are already at other commands.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
EquinoxPoncho.jpg

I heard they were usually green.

The force is strong in that one.

austin_nichols

Best thing to do to answer your question is call ahead to the command you're going to and ask. In addition to reducing your packing load, they will also give you sweet gouge like what color shirts to bring, how much cash for booze, etc.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Another reason to have your car- you can leave stuff you dont need in the trunk...

fudog50

First----

What the heck is an "Aviation ashore cruise"??????

Second----

Do you not have any CWO's or LDO's that can give you a clue????

Third----

Aviation Greens are a working uniform ONLY,, you certainly better not wear them out of the hangar or even off base...

Seriously, my 26 years experience...Summer Whites and Khakis (poly/wools and wash) is all you ever need, anything else is gravy..

But that is from a maintainers viewpoint,,bags is not my bag...

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
First- It's a midshipman summer cruise. A paid vacation where they get to fly.

Second- No, they don't. Most midshipmen will not meet a CWO or LDO until well after they get commissioned.

Third- By aviation greens, you might be confusing green coveralls with the aviation working greens. I have no idea if you'd be allowed to wear aviation working greens off base (I imagine you could, it is a suit after all) but the point is moot because I don't think anyone has worn them as a proscribed uniform for more than 20 years.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Third- By aviation greens, you might be confusing green coveralls with the aviation working greens. I have no idea if you'd be allowed to wear aviation working greens off base (I imagine you could, it is a suit after all) but the point is moot because I don't think anyone has worn them as a proscribed uniform for more than 20 years.

Aviation greens are also a working uniform only, somewhere it says theyre only for wear withing squadron spaces.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Aviation greens are also a working uniform only, somewhere it says theyre only for wear withing squadron spaces.

Or to teach a class after your dog shits all over your khakis. (Didn't happen to me...)