• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Understanding the Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3FE

From what I have gathered from other postings and from talking to the screeners at NSA Midsouth, the AMDO board convenes on the first and third Friday of each month. If your record has been sent to the board are you "Pro Rec'd"? What happens next?

zornundo

I'll try to help. My recruiter says that once you get a pro rec, you have something like 90 days to submit your physical results and prt results. I guess these would constitute the fin docs, the final part of your application. Then they'll decide whether to select you or not.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Yea, that is basically wht happens. After you are Pro Rec'd, you have to PRT and go through MEPS. Then they send it back to Naval Recruiting Command and they make sure all the i's are dotted and t's crossed and then you get "Finselected" or not, depending on your physical stuff.

Do not put off going to MEPS and getting your PRT done. Go out today and make sure you can run the 1.5 miles, do the pushups and the sit-ups; if you cannot, start working out like you read about. Depending on your schedule, get into MEPS ASAP. Do not be afraid to bug your recruiter! The squeaky wheel gets the grease. You may have some medical thing that will preclude you from processing; get all your paperwork together now! If you ever had any medical problems, hospitalizations or procedures, get your medical documentation together. It is is a long process, mostly because folks wait to get stuff together at each step rather than getting ahead of the game.

Make sure that you talk to your recruiter AND your PROCESSOR. It is the processors responsibility to make sure all your paperwork is put together properly and submitted in a timely manner. Call your processor, if you do not know him/her, ask who it is and speak to them. Ask them exactly what you need if anything and what to do next.

Okay, ideally the recruiter is driving all this but they are busier than a on-legged man in a butt-kicking contest and they may assume the processor is taking care of it. Not everyone is always on the same page as they should be and your making calls will help. It will go something like this.

"Hey, El Tee. How are you? I just wanted to see how my package is going and what I need to do?"

"Hey, Recruit. Good to hear from you, let me just check." At this point he covers the phone and asks the processor where the recruit is at. The processor tells him he needs to resend his knee surgery docs like he e-mailed the recruiter to do last week.

"Yea, got it right here. Hey, I am glad you called, my processor just now told me that you need to resend your knee surgery docs and make those changes on your motivational statement."

"Gee, thanks El Tee. I'll get right on it."

I know it sound crazy but I knew a guy once who actually let a few minor details fall off the radar. Details that were minor to him, but extremely important to the recruit. Make a few calls.

BTW is that you Hamblin?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yea, that is basically wht happens. After you are Pro Rec'd, you have to PRT and go through MEPS. Then they send it back to Naval Recruiting Command and they make sure all the i's are dotted and t's crossed and then you get "Finselected" or not, depending on your physical stuff.

Do not put off going to MEPS and getting your PRT done. Go out today and make sure you can run the 1.5 miles, do the pushups and the sit-ups; if you cannot, start working out like you read about. Depending on your schedule, get into MEPS ASAP. Do not be afraid to bug your recruiter! The squeaky wheel gets the grease. You may have some medical thing that will preclude you from processing; get all your paperwork together now! If you ever had any medical problems, hospitalizations or procedures, get your medical documentation together. It is is a long process, mostly because folks wait to get stuff together at each step rather than getting ahead of the game.

Make sure that you talk to your recruiter AND your PROCESSOR. It is the processors responsibility to make sure all your paperwork is put together properly and submitted in a timely manner. Call your processor, if you do not know him/her, ask who it is and speak to them. Ask them exactly what you need if anything and what to do next.

Okay, ideally the recruiter is driving all this but they are busier than a on-legged man in a butt-kicking contest and they may assume the processor is taking care of it. Not everyone is always on the same page as they should be and your making calls will help. It will go something like this.

"Hey, El Tee. How are you? I just wanted to see how my package is going and what I need to do?"

"Hey, Recruit. Good to hear from you, let me just check." At this point he covers the phone and asks the processor where the recruit is at. The processor tells him he needs to resend his knee surgery docs like he e-mailed the recruiter to do last week.

"Yea, got it right here. Hey, I am glad you called, my processor just now told me that you need to resend your knee surgery docs and make those changes on your motivational statement."

"Gee, thanks El Tee. I'll get right on it."

I know it sound crazy but I knew a guy once who actually let a few minor details fall off the radar. Details that were minor to him, but extremely important to the recruit. Make a few calls.

BTW is that you Hamblin?
Seems we have an inside peek at the workings of an officer recruiter. I'm expecting my camcorder to be here any day now. Maybe we could do a documentary and then post on AW for viewing (for a small fee of course :) ) Honestly, this is the first I've heard of the term "processor". I thought the officer recruiter was responsible for all that. Guess not. Yea ok, ideally, the recruiter is driving all that stuff. That doesn't give me a warm fuzzy though. Good advice on contacting the processor directly. Good advice indeed.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
I don't know how it works everywhere, but our goal is to have each applicant have a good relationship with our Processor. If the Recruiter is too involved in all the actual paperwork, we are wasting a lot of time because that is what the processors job is; they are specifically trained to get all the application paperwork "processed" correctly. The recruiter is out prospecting and getting people information while the processor takes care of the minutia that is so very important.

The recruiter ideally should be on top of it and monitoring the process, but it cuts out the middle man if the applicant is communicating with the processor. Sorry that I sqaushed a warm fuzzy. I hope this helps.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Seems we have an inside peek at the workings of an officer recruiter. I'm expecting my camcorder to be here any day now. Maybe we could do a documentary and then post on AW for viewing (for a small fee of course :).

Just watch Top Gun, Office Space and Glengary Glenross consecutively and you will have the right picture.

P3FE

The person I spoke to at NSA must have been the processor. I am an active duty Sailor on TAD assignment overseas so my medical information was sent with my package. Unfortunately, I do not have a recruiter to bounce questions off of.
The processor told me that my package was waiting for the boards to convene to review it. She said that after she screened it people from each designator looked at my package and determined that it should be reviewed when the next board convenes. Am I "Pro Rec'd"? Any idea when the next AMDO board is?

P3FE

I found another post that explained the process for enlisted Sailors. The community manager must be reviewing my record. Thanks to all for the replies and information.

zornundo

Gotta love the processor. I've spoken to my processor a bit more than my recruiter. I guess it also helps that my processor is a retired CPO. Funny thing though, there is an old photo of him in uniform, and he had a BEARD! I was floored!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't know how it works everywhere, but our goal is to have each applicant have a good relationship with our Processor. If the Recruiter is too involved in all the actual paperwork, we are wasting a lot of time because that is what the processors job is; they are specifically trained to get all the application paperwork "processed" correctly. The recruiter is out prospecting and getting people information while the processor takes care of the minutia that is so very important.

The recruiter ideally should be on top of it and monitoring the process, but it cuts out the middle man if the applicant is communicating with the processor. Sorry that I sqaushed a warm fuzzy. I hope this helps.

Ya, that is how it works everywhere, and forever for that matter (well since 1984 anyhow). Knowing your processor is very important for all the above reasons. Another is that he is always there. His job is at a desk in front of a computer and phone. As a civil servent he is there every business day for at least 8 hours. It is generally easier to get your processor then your recruiter on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.