• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Underage drinking

User1993

I've done some searching but only find drug topics. Which are of no use to me. I never did drugs. I did however drink nearly every weekend at lame parties while underage. I never got caught drinking by cops or anything like that thank god (would suck to be applying for PLC with an mip on my record). But I know that when I meet with the oso the question of weather or not I drank under age will come up. And since I did drink when I was underage I'm wondering how badly that'll effect me when it comes to applying.

-Thanks

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
*full disclosure....I'm a Navy guy and I have never been a recruiter......so take all of this with a grain of salt....

however, I'd say that a good percentage of servicemembers, officer and enlisted, drank at some point while underage. It's college, and drinking is part of it. That isn't unusual in my book. If you didn't get caught, that is probably average to above average "headwork". Do I think the guy/gal will ask you that? I wouldn't. But if they did, I'd be honest. I would personally not care enough to ask the question, but if I did, I'd rather hear an honest answer that doesn't really matter to me anyway, than a lie. I think you are stressing over nothing. 14 years ago I got caught as an idiot 18 year old senior in high school, no charges filed, just a drive of shame home with my old man. I still got picked up for ROTC, got through flight school, wings, the fleet, etc.

exNavyOffRec

I was a USN recruiter and I never asked a kid if he drank before the age of 21, now at MEPS or your physical that may come up on the psych part.