• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uncorrectable 20/25 vision (in one eye) as a SWO

lsatfiend

Going to OCS in a few months - Found out from my optometrist that I have 20/25 in one eye (the other eye is 20/20) and that it is not correctable to 20/20 (as is technically required for SWO). How strict are the optometrists at OCS about this? Has anyone heard of waivers for this kind of thing?

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Going to OCS in a few months - Found out from my optometrist that I have 20/25 in one eye (the other eye is 20/20) and that it is not correctable to 20/20 (as is technically required for SWO). How strict are the optometrists at OCS about this? Has anyone heard of waivers for this kind of thing?
What is the reason it’s not correctable? Astigmatism or something chronic? If it’s astigmatism, it may be correctable with some work. May be worth getting a second opinion and working toward a solution vice rolling the dice at OCS.

lsatfiend

Thanks for the response.
Optometrist said it was a brain/nervous system issue. Basically my brain doesn't want to use the eye, as opposed to the lens being deformed as is the case with most vision problems. I plan on getting a second opinion ASAP.