• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ultra Thin ribbons

Status
Not open for further replies.

F414Guy

Are thin ribbons/medals allowed during OCS? I did a search and found a thread from two years ago that said ultra-thin ribbons are allowed, has there been any policy change since then?

H

Honour_Class

As a candidate officer you will wear service khaki with ribbons. For Dining Out you will need mini medals. Graduation requires full sized medals.

F414Guy

Understood. My question was, are the Ultra Thin style of ribbons/medals ok? I'm not going to spend $200 on nice ribbons if they are not allowed.

Grassy

F-18F
Just because they are allowed doesn't mean I would wear them. Low profile is the way to go at OCS. Do like everyone else does. Plus, you'll get pissed when your nice ribbons get trashed because the DIs made you roll around in the grass and dirt.

H

Honour_Class

Yes they are authorized. I actually first saw them on a prior OS2 there. He had the magnetic type and they worked ok for him. FYI you will never be mashed by the DI's in any kind of service or dress uniform so your ribbons will be unaffected.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
I ordered my ribbons today, and the total was $23 with shipping for 2 sets. That's not bad considering you will never have to mess with getting them straight. BTW, I only have 5 ribbons and 3 of those have devices. For you war heros, the cost will be significantly higher. $1.80 per ribbon. Thanks for the info.

F414Guy

jg5343 said:
I ordered my ribbons today, and the total was $23 with shipping for 2 sets. That's not bad considering you will never have to mess with getting them straight. BTW, I only have 5 ribbons and 3 of those have devices. For you war heros, the cost will be significantly higher. $1.80 per ribbon. Thanks for the info.

Did you remember to order medals?

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
how often do you have to wear medals? I figured I could deal with the old stuff a couple of times, you recommend otherwise? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.