• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uh-oh, MAACO won't be of much help.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Theentrywound.jpg

to this:
Woundnumber2.jpg

Some digging around:
Woundnumber3.jpg

Then the docs got tired of me taking pictures so they put me out...ok, they put me out because the fingernail sized chunk of metal was about 1.75" deep in my forearm.

To get this:
X-ray001.jpg

I have no idea what it was. I was burning lumber and nothing else. No pine sap, no green wood, no aerosol cans. Only thing I can thing of is that my kid, who uses the dirt mound on top of th burn pit as his fort, tossed a battery in the pit.

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
Ouch. Did you get them to save the sliver after they pulled it out? Was it one of those things that happened so fast, you didn't really feel it hurt? Just kinda felt something then "O shit, there's a huge gash on my arm."

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Yea it was pretty quick. And the thing was thin, but as big as my nail. Just got luck, maybe, that it wasn't tumbling as it went it. It, the chunk, is sitting on my desk. Cool geyser to look at, then after maybe a minute, the swelling set in and the blood just oozed out.