• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UCT and ACB for Officers

Dwhite1017

Hey all, does anyone have any information on Underwater Construction Teams and/or Amphibious Construction Battalions?

I know these are both extremely small communities so getting assigned to one is very uncommon. Do you need experience at a regular Seabee battalion before getting assigned or is it an option for my first duty station?

Also, do officers assigned to UCTs need to go to dive school?

roy359

For UCT, you have to first get your SCWS pin in an NMCB or ACB > Next you go to grad school to get your ocean engineering masters > Then you go to dive school > then UCT or another billet (my buddy that's applying for the program said you don't necessarily have to go to a UCT team after dive school).

For ACB, it's not a special program. You can get it right off the bat as an ENS like a normal NMCB.

For UCT, you have to first get your SCWS pin in an NMCB or ACB > Next you go to grad school to get your ocean engineering masters > Then you go to dive school > then UCT or another billet (my buddy that's applying for the program said you don't necessarily have to go to a UCT team after dive school).

For ACB, it's not a special program. You can get it right off the bat as an ENS like a normal NMCB.

ACB ensigns are typically LDO's.