• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

turn around, grab the table, and bend over

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
It's time for another physical.

I made it through MEPS, but recently moved to florida and my new OSO is sending me to Jacksonville for a full-fledged flight physical. Am I basically expecting the same deal as MEPS but with more than 30 seconds spent on my vision, or will this be a whole different game.

I have my PPL and a second class medical, so I've been through that physical, is that going to be more like what I'm going to get now?

Also, secondary concern, i doubt I'm in as good shape as I was when I went for MEPS. Like I said, I just moved, so between starting at a new school, starting a new job, and working on flying stuff I've been busy. I'm not making any excuses or whining (hell no), but I live an hour away from work/school so I'm out of my apartment by 0730 and I get home around 2200 (at which point i tend to pass out upon contact with the couch). This means two things: I haven't been getting up to hit the gym in the morning, and the girl at the burger king drive through window practically knows me by name now.
My schedule's starting to stabilize, so i'll get back a regular workout schedule, and i'll find a solution to the diet issue pretty soon, but this physical is in just under a week. Is this gonna hurt me?

...why hasn't anybody invented buffalo wings that give you all your daily vitamins...

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
michaels601 said:
and the girl at the burger king drive through window practically knows me by name now.
The more important question is, is she cute, and have you gotten her number yet?

Also, pick up a couple of swing shift applications for zab and I, we might need them.

To get to your main question, back in the day, when I had to go for my NROTC service selection flight physical at Jax, it was no big deal, and basically, when I got to API and had to get ANOTHER flight physical.... Just take it all in stride, and don't get worked up about it.

Best of luck with your package (hehe, I said package...)

BTW, did you guys hear about the F16 that had an emergency landing on a carrier? I keed, I keed....

Reactions: bch

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
what light through yonder drive-thru window breaks, etc.
back off, she's mine.

nothing like a lady that can get you free food.

guess i'll hit this physical with what i've got. wish you were allowed to bring slim-jims for all that wait time, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.