• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TS Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

For those of you intrested the first couple of T-45TS guys have begun to trickle into Meridian.

There has been a lot of start-stop-start-stop going on with this program but it now appears that they are ready to begin.

This system will be similar to what Kingsville has been doing for years in the sense that SNAs will be coming straight out of the T-34C into the the T-45 with out the six month Intermediate T-2C phase.

The biggest difference between this program and what Kingsville has is that we fly the newer T-45C. The Charlie model incorperates the Glass Cockpit concept with two Multi-Function Displays and a HUD. The GPS/INS system provides for a velocity vector in the HUD and is somewhat similar to the systems found in the AV-8B and the Hornet.

Personally I would not be interested in being one of the Navy's guinnea pigs while they work out the problems that they are sure to have implementing this program. I do,however, believe that it will turn out to be a very successful program, eventually.

jec

shooter27

I have three friends heading to meridian right now. From what they have told me is there is a 3 month wait because of the transition. I dont think they are putting any one into the T-2. Remember this is just gouge, but my sources are real reliable.

Jack

There are currently just a handful of TS guys sitting (playing a lot golf) around waiting to start. There is a rather sizable group of guys waiting to start the T-2 sylabus. I imagine that this is going to be the last pool of T-2 guys.... just a thought.

If anyone has any good gouge on what to do to pass time while living la vida det in el centro please pass it on...headed out for a weps det in not too long.

jec

Status
Not open for further replies.