• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

trying to get into OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherokeexj94

My life long dream is to become a Naval Flight Officer, i am 24yrs and my question to the forum is how good a shot do I have at earning an OCS slot? The reason why im asking is because about a year ago i went to a recruiting office and felt that i was getting the run around so ill try to briefly describe myself and in the process perhaps get some advice on how to go about getting into OCS. I just graduated with a BA in political Science from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, before there i graduated from Valley Forge Military Jr. College with an AA. While at Valley Forge I held several leadership positions and graduated in good standing. While at UMASS I was a Residential Advisor and made sure that i was involved in extra curricular activities. Now that i have recently graduated, i purchased a study guide for the officer exam and begun a PT regiment modeled after the Navy Seals. In sum, i believe i have raw leadership experience, great military bearing, and in good physical condition. The only part that worries me is my academic history. If one were to average my academic average from middle school it would be about a 2.7-3.0, not representative of my intelligence in my opinion. Any Feed back would be greatly appreciated.

version2point0

letters of rec deffinitely offset a bad GPA. my esperiences exactly. get letters form school teachers and profs and that will help your packet greatly.

-v2.0

av8tor

Only your cumulative college GPA is looked at. Currently, a 3.4 or above is considered competative. A reccomendation letter from your instructors at the military academy would be beneficial though. Things that may work to offset your GPA is that you held a full time job as a Resident Attendant while in college.

ldahla

out of curiousity, how much are the questions on your application weighted on...like i know they ask TWICE on the application if you've ever been fired from a job? is that something they really stress or are going to take into consideration greatly?? please comment..

av8tor

Employers today are very reluctant to give any information positive or negative about previous employees. With this said, how honest are you? The truth may set you free or may keep you unemployed.

av8tor

I agree. There is a fine line between honest and dishonest. But remember after your done with the training pipleline your objective is to fly planes not render absolution. I'll freely admit to having stolen a few candy bars from the local five and dime store, although if asked if I've ever stolen I'd feel totally comfortable saying no. When employers are asked to fill out refernces forms there are two red flags that are looked for, A.) Did you embezell from the company and have to be dismissed in shackles and 2.) Are you habitually being fired from jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.