• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Travel Re-imbursement

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I know there have been past threads about this, but things seem to be pretty dynamic at the NASP PSD as of lately so I'm hoping for up to date info. When I go into PSD upon reporting, do they file my travel claim then and there, or does the whole process wait until I report to Primary? Also, if I do file the claim there, do they take care of your mileage re-imbursement in P-cola, or at your primary location? I've heard some conflicting stories, most recently that the guys at PSD basically stonewalled my buddy and told him that if he wanted travel (mileage) reimbursement, that he would need to talk to PSD at Corpus when he got there....and then he never saw a penny of it. What gives? Thanks in advance!

I'd encourage you to file your claim at Whiting. If they say no, go back and try again later. I filed my claim about a year and a half ago despite them saying that we needed to wait until primary. Others chose to wait until arriving at Corpus to do so. I got my money, many others did not.

Your POC for PSD at Corpus will probably be Sam Gomez. He's an absolute all star. If you don't file your claim at Pensacola, I think he can still help you. If anyone can - it's Sam.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Pensacola PSD will not take any travel claims while in API. Everything must be done once you check in to Primary.

nugget81

pilot
Your POC for PSD at Corpus will probably be Sam Gomez. He's an absolute all star. If you don't file your claim at Pensacola, I think he can still help you. If anyone can - it's Sam.

I had to wait until I reported for Primary in Corpus before the travel claims could be filed and I received all the money I was entitled to, thanks to Sam. He does an awesome job so long as you take responsibility for getting him what he needs.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
+1 on Corpus (whever you go for primary). I got reimbursed at OCS for my travel, but for those in ROTC/USNA, they got their money here for pcola. The money I WAS entitled to, I got in 3 weeks. Go SAM!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Okay, so they can retroactively pay out the travel money then....that's a relief. I've been saving all my gas and hotel/lodging receipts, so I guess that will be all squared away if need be. I'm guessing the gas receipts will not be needed, but whatever :)

Thanks for the heads-up on the POC @ corpus....I'm gonna try and request there (for primary) anyways once I check in, so hopefully that will be of use

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Okay, so they can retroactively pay out the travel money then....that's a relief. I've been saving all my gas and hotel/lodging receipts, so I guess that will be all squared away if need be. I'm guessing the gas receipts will not be needed, but whatever :)

Thanks for the heads-up on the POC @ corpus....I'm gonna try and request there (for primary) anyways once I check in, so hopefully that will be of use
Request? You seem to think you have any say in the matter. You don't. If you're single you'll most likely go to Corpus anyway so there's no need to worry.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Request? You seem to think you have any say in the matter. You don't. If you're single you'll most likely go to Corpus anyway so there's no need to worry.

Cool....thats basically what I've heard. Trust me, I'm well aware that I have no say in anything :) A buddy just basically told me "talk to so and so when you check in and he'll try and hook you up"....so yeah, thats probably not even neccissary

Navyfan06

pilot

Be sure to still save them. You claim them on the travel claim and they will reduce your taxable income on your dity move claim...Also be sure to make copies of everything you send and send it with signature required. Those people loose shit all the time and you can save yourself if you have made copies and have proof that "well so and so signed it on this day at this time." Also Pensacola PSD is so sh!tty. Sam in corpus is awesome as stated above, but while your in A-pool do what you can to try and get reimbursed.