• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Training with The Air Force: Good or Bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wali

Can someone tell me that if you train with the Air Force for the primary (At Moody or Vance), does it ruin your chances of getting a jet slot with the Navy? Or do you have to relearn some other things with the Navy to get accepted into jets?
Ali

Dave Shutter

Anyone out there have any direct feedback about the Moody; T-6 program. IE: actually been there. I just found out last week that I can go if I want it. I'm really torn over the issue.

Jeff29

Science Project
What are you talking about Dave?

Are you going to break up the Old Men's Club before it gets started? I'll be in P-Cola by mid-April.

wali

Well, I was just wondering about Moody because I am, right now, living about 10 minutes away from it. My Girlfriend might be here another year after I graduate so that's why I was planning to be a little closer to where she was.
Ali

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Dave,
After all the heartache you went through to get into the Navy program and you want to have a helmet fire NOW! I'll consider that thought a mere brainfart brought on after a combination of a hard night of McGuires Red and nickle beer night at Seville Quarter. The wings you seek are "GOLD" not gold anodized LEAD. Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

wali

You are absoulotley right, Major. I am all for the "Wings of Gold" too. I won't have it any other way. However, my girlfriend, as well as my family, want me to stay here as long as possible. Or maybe, I am kind of worried about you giving students heart-attacks in that Goshawk. Hope you don't mind me saying that, I am just kidding, sir. I had an Air Force friend who went to P'cola for API. He's in air force tactical Nav training now.
Ali

Edited by - wali on 01/29/2002 01:25:21

bassethound

Dave

Due to constraits involving where I am in Primary and friends I have otherwise involved in Primary I will remain nameless. Lets just say that I ate Pizza with you at Ducks and we both know Vicki. My advice.....stay away from the Air Force culture. Now, I am not ragging on the Air Force, so please no nasty emails to me. I have just found through personal experience and several friends that went through VT-3 and Vance that it is a hard adjustment for Navy folk. Granted, this is only my opinion and that of a few friends. However, the Air Force has a very different way of doing things vice the Navy and Marine Corps. I would either opt for Corpus or Whiting. Thats my two cents worth for what its worth to you. See you on your graduation.

Bassethound

Its a matter of how bad do you want it.

Jason Williams

For all those wondering Im a Navy JSUPT student at Vance. My 2 cents STAY NAVY. This place is kinda like Micki Mouse land. Lots of games and there not all of fun kind. The training is tough and you dont get a whole lot of time to study. your in the flight room all day and I, myself get nothing done with 12 other people around. On the other hand you will pick up alot of info thru the spoon fed method. I happen to have one hard charging Marine Flight commander who is very down to earth. If the option is yours stay away from the kinder gentler service and stay Navy. If anybody wants some info on this place Ill be happy to dicourage you more. Ens Williams

Mahler

Well, I was thinking of selecting Moody just to be able to fly the new T-6A's, but from what I'm hearing Whiting and CC will by my first two choices. Does anyone know if Moody is any different than Vance???

James

wali

James
Moody; Well, the base itself is not that bad and I know some pretty nice guys out there. Three Ensigns are here with the JSUPT. They do a good bit of flying in those Texan II's. Just tonight there was lots of touch and go practice going on. However, I will warn you that the city itself, Valdosta, is quite a boring place. Not much here to do. I am currently a student at the Valdosta State university. The only big things here are Moody and the university. So you decide what you are looking for in your primary. You sure will spend a lot of time studying cause nothing else to do. By the way, you'll be living near Wal-mart Supercenter so if you like walmarts, why not then
Ali

Dave Shutter

Major: Hooyah that on the golden leg spread...er...I mean...wings! Great to hear from you Sir. The Marine Corps training here was a nice kick in the nuts and now I'm rearin' to get to API. As always, I'm just researching all my options and Moody is one of them right now. All anti-JSUPT gouge aside, I'm not interested in being a guinea pig or being in a program whose AF grade conversion to NSS is a still a conondrum wrapped in mystery and stuffed in an enigma to everyone I've talked to in the last two years; including AF IP'S!!! At the very least I would want to be trained full time by an experienced FLEET aviator and while I'm told that a certain ammount of Navy IP'ing is mandatory in JSUPT I doubt it will be the same. The AF likes the group study methods it seems, and they apply it to their syllabus, IE: force feeding: Great idea! Now that you mention it I like group study also...all of us over at Vicki's place with a stack of Papa-Johns pizza's and a cold case of Killians!

Bassethound: I roger you on your ID! Where the hell you been at you friggin' redneck pr*ck...I been trying to get a hold of you forever! I'm hearing your AF sentiments loud and clear. I hope you make to my graduation and I'm looking forward to that weekends fun events! Let's hope! Damn; seems like yesterday we were all at Seville's the night before I reported in! BTW, I helped out our class's INDOC staff with 17-02 this past Sunday. I got to "work the sidewalk" as the poopies came rolling in, it was freezing cold and raining. "Welcome to sunny Florida boys and girls! Take your time! Don't worry, Micky and Pluto will be along, we just have a little business to take care of first!" was my catch phrase. Tomorrow I get to be a score recorder for a week 4 RLP, man! Life at OCS begins in week 12, let me tell ya!

Also...we've now been authorized to engage in full scale, unrestricted, trash-talking OP's to our DI staff as per the impending softball game. It's getting ugly. Sure, we'll get kicked, but so will the kegs!

Status
Not open for further replies.