• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tower this is .......

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
More in that vein . . .

Problem: "The autopilot doesn't."
Signed off: "It does now."

Problem: "IFF inoperative."
Solution: "IFF always inoperative in OFF mode."

Problem: "Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick."
Solution: "That's what they're there for."

---------------------------------------------------
Tower talking to a female helicopter pilot.
Tower: "What's your altitude?"
Pilot: "1000 feet"
Tower: "What's your heading?"
Pilot: "175"
Tower: "What's your speed?"
Pilot: "150 knots"
Tower: "What's your bra size?"
Pilot: "36B........AAAHHHHH SH!T!!!"

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Flash said:
I wondered why there was a golf course next to the runways at Bangkok, it is an overrun.......:D
Hell, there's whorehouses and Singha beer next to the runway @ Bangkok ... :)

Bangkok ... Singapore ... Subic/Olongapo ... Manila .... Agana ... Taipei .... what GREAT places, Sailor-Man .... :icon_rast

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Hell, there's whorehouses and Singha beer next to the runway @ Bangkok ... :)

Bangkok ... Singapore ... Subic/Olongapo ... Manila .... Agana ... Taipei .... what GREAT places, Sailor-Man .... :icon_rast

There is also a hangar with a couple really nice F-5E's next to it too, on the military side. We parked there and were wandering around waiting for anyone to come and greet us. We wandered into a pretty nice hangar, after admiring the old C-47 on the line, and saw the 3 F-5's sitting pretty in the hangar. We were shooed out by a very serious Thai MP after a few minutes. Find out later they were the Crown Prince's jets, he likes to go flying every so once in a while......They stop all traffic when he taxi's, takes off and lands. "It's good to be the King......."....or the Crown Prince..........:icon_smil

NookyBooky04

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
A4sForever said:
By the way ... that's incorrect. :)

Quantas has a zero airframe loss record, not a zero accident record. They banged up an airframe once so bad that they it should have been a write off, but they repaired it at a higher cost than a replacement would have been just so they could maintain that zero airframe loss record.

Swmtb

Sneakin'
Flying around the Gulfport area today, I heard the following over the radio:
Center (female controller): "XXXX, cleared direct PENSI, Papa Echo November India Sierra."
Pilot (supressing laughter): Center, XXXX, cleared direct...PENIS?

Nothing like a PENSI joke to brighten up your day.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
S.O.B. said:
Yea, HT-18 went by Factory Hand. I’m not sure why, I’m sure there is history to it but I didn’t take the time to find out.
HT-8 used to be "pillowcase". How's that for emasculating?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Flash said:
I wondered why there was a golf course next to the runways at Bangkok, it is an overrun.......:D

Anybody that's ever been to Thailand know that safety is not exactly the number 1 priority there. Just ask the lady riding a moped barefoot with all 4 kids hanging on for their lives as she drives down the 1 way street the wrong way. An hourly occurance there.

snort

Banned
Swmtb said:
Flying around the Gulfport area today, I heard the following over the radio:
Center (female controller): "XXXX, cleared direct PENSI, Papa Echo November India Sierra."
Pilot (supressing laughter): Center, XXXX, cleared direct...PENIS?
Hehe... sounds like the new ZHU controller.