• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun Status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wali

Hey guys, I was watching the "Top Gun" documentry on discovery wings. Said that Navy is slowly doing away with the Top Gun training program. Is it true? The show seemed a little old so I am just wondering what's the current status of this Elite Program.
Ali

Edited by - wali on 04/05/2002 21:24:37

Edited by - wali on 04/05/2002 21:25:11

dawgfighter

Wali,

How was the show? The reason I ask is that I couldn't get that channel due to the stupidity of my cable company. I was so set to see it and was p***ed off because I couldn't. I know that they will be showing it again later this month. I just wanted to know if it was good.

Erin

"Let's boogie!"

GO NAVY!!!

wali

Thanks Matt;
I just wanted to make sure if it was accurate. The show kind old, sort of. So what are the criterias for you to be accepted into Top Gun. You for example, I mean does it give you instructor status. I know you get lots of aerial combat experience. By the way Matt, are you interested in applying for Blue Angels one day. Most of the Hornet Drivers must be, right?
Thanks again Matt and take care.
Ali

wali

Thanks, once again, Matt;
I always knew it must have been competitive but did not know it was this competitive. I wish you the best if you are hoping to go to Top Gun. I alway wondered about this but what does VMFA, VMF, VFA or VF stand for.
Thanks Matt and have Great flying.
Sincerely;
Ali

Edited by - wali on 04/07/2002 15:30:31

wali

Thanks for the information; Sorry if I ask too much. One last thing if you don't mind (The questions keep coming to me but not all at once). On average, how many flying hours do you guys (Hornet Drivers) get per month? When you are done with you sea tour, do you fly about the same hours on the land or does it change quite a bit?
Thanks again and Happy flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.