• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Too Tall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuggerat

Hey guys, im applying for SNA in a few weeks and ive read here and there that the high restrictions are a pain. How tall is too tall, im 6'2" and a lil bit, whats the height restriction for props, fighters, and helos?

cricechex

It has more to do with your body than your height. I think there have been posts on A.W. about guys being 6'5" and flying jets. It has more to do with how your body is proportioned. If your legs, arms, and sitting height aren't out of the norm, then you should be fine. Of course, I am only a noob in this subject so someone else needs to chime in on this one.

Armo325

pilot
It is all about proportions, so you'd need to look in to that, but I'm 6'5" and flying jets so you're probably okay.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
MikesPea said:
I'm 6'7" and according to my flight surgeon who looked it up right in front of me I'm still in. I can tell you though that the book is full of crap because I don't fit in either FA18 model, the EA6B is quite comfortable though. :icon_smil

I find that a little hard to believe, as the EA-6B is seemingly the most restrictive platform out. More guys are NPQ'd from Prowlers than any other airframe. Just because it's "comfortable" doesn't mean you'll fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.