• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Too old to compete?

Sugard

Hello all!

I am new here. I joined the NAVY on Jan 2019 at 39 y/o. I'm currently an AT2. I was always interested in becoming an officer but I was told by my recruiter and an NC1 that I was passed the age limit. It was until December last year that I was able to get advice and to learn where to get information (OPNAVINST 1420.1B and Program Authorizations). I know I'm old. I have passed my 42nd birthday already but, could a waiver help? Anyways I will try. I have a BA degree, prior to joining, in Music Education GPA 3.18. I started a Master in Marketing in 2014 and earned a certificate in Business Development. Do I need a waiver for Field of Study? My OAR is 48 and I have 3.5 years experience background as an Avionics Technician. My job is related to cryptologics and electronis warfare so I want to apply for CW. I know my package is not strong but my job experience as an enlisted and maturity could be of some help. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you!

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
For LDO I need to be 8 years active and at least 1 year as a 1st class.

Gotcha. At 42, I'm not sure what other options you'll have. For any community which is sufficiently undermanned, they might be willing to entertain a waiver, but aside from that possibility, I don't have a lot of advice to offer.

Good luck!

JoeBob1788

We had a 42 year old former DC3 with 2 years enlisted in my OCS class. Total rockstar, highest PT average (former Ironman pro racer) and all around great dude. The age waiver needs to be written up/endorsed by your CO, so if your CoC supports you, just go for it. Make them tell you no.
“You miss 100% of the shots you never take.” - Michael Scott (wayne gretsky)

Sugard

We had a 42 year old former DC3 with 2 years enlisted in my OCS class. Total rockstar, highest PT average (former Ironman pro racer) and all around great dude. The age waiver needs to be written up/endorsed by your CO, so if your CoC supports you, just go for it. Make them tell you no.
“You miss 100% of the shots you never take.” - Michael Scott (wayne gretsky)
I'm ACFL too. ?

Sugard

I have another question:

If the PA says that certain major fields of study are preferred but not required, do I still need to request a waiver for that?