• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

To be or not to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
I apologize ahead of time if some of you have become tired of being asked this question.
I'm 17 and will be coming out of High School shortly and the great question of future occupation looms large over my head. On one hand I could go to a University and hope to pursue a career in law, on the other hand I think a flight deck looks like an interesting work environment. Basically in this question I'm not only asking about the process to becoming an aviator, I'm also asking for opinions as I'm very sure the majority of you have dealt with a similiar conundrum.

"The Defense Department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid"

DairyCreamer

Well, to be an aviatior, you need to be an officer (enlisted aircrew notwithstanding). To be an officer, you need a Bachelors Degree from a 4-year university.

You could go to the Naval Academy, do NROTC at any number of major universities, or, as I'm doing, pursue your degree, then apply to do OCS either directly, or through the BDCP program. Information on all these routes is available in the forums through some simple searches or browsing.

You can always speak with a recruiter as well. It's free, and there's no obligation if you're just asking questions. He can give you a good picture of the basic requirements you'll need to meet.

Good luck with your hunt!

~Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.