• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Timeline

number1navydad

Can anybody tell me how long it is taking at the moment to get through Intermediate and advanced helos? I am in IFS right now and I have follow on orders to Primary in at Whiting after API. I currently live at Perdido Key but I wanted to know how long it will take to get winged to try and figure out whether or now I want to move my wife and transfer my kids from their friends and schools.

Thanks

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
There is no real intermediate anymore. Once done w/ Primary, it may take around 6 months-ish, barring any random hail storm/FCU failure/personnel strike.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...I wanted to know how long it will take to get winged...

You and all your friends. There really is no telling, though six months-ish is a fair guess. The pipeline ebbs and flows. If you wanted a hard schedule for wings, shoulda joined the AF.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Can anybody tell me how long it is taking at the moment to get through Intermediate and advanced helos? I am in IFS right now and I have follow on orders to Primary in at Whiting after API. I currently live at Perdido Key but I wanted to know how long it will take to get winged to try and figure out whether or now I want to move my wife and transfer my kids from their friends and schools.

Thanks

It took me 364 days from checking into VT-6 to get winged out of HT-18. It took someone who checked in with me 5 more months. Oh and there is no intermediate anymore.

Make a decision and stick with it. Moving from Perdido to Whiting will probably be at your own expense. 0500 briefs in the winter will require you to leave your house around 0400. Your kids would probably appreciate you staying there.

Just a side note, if you knew you were going to Whiting, why did you pick Perdido?

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot

It took me 364 days from checking into VT-6 to get winged out of HT-18. It took someone who checked in with me 5 more months. Oh and there is no intermediate anymore.

Make a decision and stick with it. Moving from Perdido to Whiting will probably be at your own expense. 0500 briefs in the winter will require you to leave your house around 0400. Your kids would probably appreciate you staying there.

Just a side note, if you knew you were going to Whiting, why did you pick Perdido?

Have you ever lived in Perdido?

KBayDog

405988d1231872828-new-protoform-r9-f-body-holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg