• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Time Off During P-3 FRS for Wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Hi,

How difficult would it be for my fiance to get a weekend + a couple of days off during the P-3 FRS to leave town to get married? Would we have a better shot during a holiday weekend? I'm trying to set a date here... :D

Thanks!

Kathy

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
holiday weekend would be your best bet. have your spouse to be start talking to the scheds guys and his on-wing (or on-line or whatever they call it there) as soon as possible. Missing systems classes/tests (the first month or so) is pretty much impossible. If you found a 3 day wknd, you could possibly turn it into a 4 (which I did, just to hit Spring Break, but then again, I was in pretty good, or as good as a JG student can be, with the ops/scheds guys).

Oh yeah, the Tactics portion of the syllabus has quite a few 'blank' days. Get the syllabus for his class as soon as you can and check the activities for that time frame. Fams/Fly flight phase can be counted on for a flight scheduled every day M-F. Now whether you actually get to fly that day or not...

Really, you should just try to do it before or after the FRS.

Machine

Super *********
pilot
None
Site Admin
I got married in the FRS. There is some coordination that needs to happen before just sending in the leave chit. Make sure your fiance gets a little ahead in the syllabus. As previously mentioned, Tac phase is usually a good bet.

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Thanks, zab and Machine.

Machine - Roughly, how far into the FRS were you when you got married (since I don't have access to a syllabus yet). The date we're thinking about would be about 3 1/2 months into it. He's talked to someone at VP-30 and they've said it won't be a problem to get a weekend off to get married. I think we're going to shoot for Presidents' Day weekend to at least get that Monday off. We'll worry about a honeymoon later. :)

Machine

Super *********
pilot
None
Site Admin
I don't really remember what phase I was in. If I had to guess, I'd say the end of B. Either way, if you're only planning on a weekend, then just put in a leave chit for a 3 day weekend and you should be fine. Hell, make it an extra day. Just don't expect to get 2 weeks off.

Hartman

Dooooooooon't worry baby! My own wedding is one of the things VP-30 told me that they would give me time off for.

Similar question...

Is it a bad idea to plan getting married within the first 2-3 months of showing up at the squadron?

When is the first time, after checking in, that we could get some time off to get married?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.