• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Time Limits

Autoace

I just got back from my test in San Diego, and I should have been more vigilant regarding the time limits....especially for the math portion of the test. Time seems to fly by. When time was up I still had 10 unanswered questions, and had to guess on them!!!!!

Just an FYI for everyone studying!

**AA**

Time limit on ASTB

I should be taking the ASTB here in the next month and have a question about it.

If I do well on it but dont get selected (Im going to apply for BDCP) will the scores still be valid if I re-apply for OCS in roughly 2 years or will I have to re-take it?

Does anyone know?

AJB37

If I do well on it but dont get selected (Im going to apply for BDCP) will the scores still be valid if I re-apply for OCS in roughly 2 years or will I have to re-take it?

Why would you wait 2 years to reapply? I believe you can reapply every 6 months. You can reapply sooner if you have a significant change to your package i.e. grade improvement, or an improvement in astb score if you retake it.

Lobster

Why would you wait 2 years to reapply? I believe you can reapply every 6 months. You can reapply sooner if you have a significant change to your package i.e. grade improvement, or an improvement in astb score if you retake it.

I think he's saying because he's applying for the BDCP program right now and if he doesn't get it going to apply for just regular OCS. I'm kind of in the same boat but the answer as previously stated is yes they are good forever. And you should apply sooner if possible. Good luck to you!

LOSLOAR

don't bring your coffee to FOD walk
Quick question:

Is the ASTB really that difficult? Here's a picture from a cockpit: are you turning left or right? True or False, the starbord side is the right hand side. Is the sky blue? I'm not sure if you should be worried about that.

Lobster

Is the ASTB really that difficult? Here's a picture from a cockpit: are you turning left or right? True or False, the starbord side is the right hand side. Is the sky blue? I'm not sure if you should be worried about that.

Yes, it can be that difficult. It's much more than what you stated, physics, geometry, algebra, reading comprehension along with the nautical stuff and the spacial apprehension. It can be difficult if you don't study and just blow it off. I did that on my first try....big mistake.