• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Time Lapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erinbynight

erinbynight
Hi, I will be putting my application in for BDCP in the next week or so, and I was wondering how long it would take after I hear back from them (going on the assumption that I get accepted? *crosses fingers*) until I get sworn in? So IF I get accepted, how long will it take before I get sworn in? ;)

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I heard back from SWO in 3 days, and NFO in 5 weeks. It took about 3 months from the date I submitted my application until I was sworn in.

matt6599

BDCP SNA 2007
I heard back from SNA in 4 days for a pro rec and now I have been waiting for final select for almost a month.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Good luck Erin. Let us know what happens.

P.S. what are your stats, including astb score?

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What kind of timeframe are you applying for? When do you graduate from college? My recruiter told me last week that they aren't taking any new aviation people for OCS until after the new fiscal year (October 2005). This is not bad gouge, it is from my OPO.

Anyway, if you're applying for something a year or two out from now you should be just fine. It took me about 6-8 weeks for a pro-rec and about the same to get finally selected and sworn in. I want to say that I turned in my application in late March/early April and swore in on July 28. Good luck and don't let the waiting game get to you. It is just part of the deal.

erinbynight

erinbynight
Thanks, I appreciate all the responses...seems like the consensus is that...there isn't one! Ha. Well, I am worried b/c I hope to have the app in no later than 1.5 weeks from now. I am studying abroad in Ireland next semester though, and I leave for that February 10. I am just worried stuff won't get processed by then. I did talk to my recruiter, and he said the board meets in mid-november, so maybe that will get things rolling faster. My stats are ok...judging by what I have seen here are on the lower end of the competative scale. I have a 48 OAR and 4's on all the other scores. I am a History and English major and probably will end up with a politics minor. I have a 3.19 cum GPA. I have recs from RAdm, a marine corps historian, and my professor of history and politics. I am applying for Intel for a 2006 slot. I grad may06. I have NFO on there too, but I think I will change that to SWO if I can. Guess thats it.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I concur Erin, I also heard from a friend who is applying for BDCP, as well as my recruiter, that the Supply board is meeting on the 8th or 9th of Nov and the NFO and SNA board meeting in mid November. Looks like the gouge is good lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.