• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

things to bring....in cosmetic bags...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyGirl

Ok so maybe some guys or gals would know this since they have been there done that... [8D] I know you can have necessities like deoderant, etc. but what about all the "little" other things? Like talc powder for shoes, body lotions, shaving creams, hairdryer, etc. Are there any restrictions?? (granted I know no makeup for a while...and who would want to put it on when running so much? [:p]lol)

FlyGirl

I guess another thing I was getting to is all the stuff females pack with us. (LOL) I noticed on the materials "NOT" to have with you it listed non-prescription acne medication...does that mean they will confiscate things like certain face washes, scrubs, moisturizing creams and other products we use on our faces?? And it says they will confiscate "all aerosol containers"...what about the hairsprays, gels, etc. that are in pump type containers?? (I know it may seem stupid to ask, but I don't want to buy new stuff to take with me only for it to get tossed away!!)

WFU2USN

FlyGirl,

They'll cut all of our hair off..within a few inches of your scalp..no need for hair stuff....for alittle while...

;-)

Robin

BB

Flygirl, if you have any questions feel free to ask. I have been in OCS for several weeks and can answer most questions referring to females in OCS.

BB

Tali264, I am unable to check my home email from OCS, therefore, it is probably erased by now. You can email me at OCSBecky@ureach.com. I am able to check that email account while in OCS.

elkq

BB at what point during OCS do you begin to get to check email and is there any regular interval to it? I never expected to until liberty soanything is a plus to me. Thanks.

FlyGirl

How short is short on the haircuts?? Mines already regulation and my "longest" hair on top is 4". Are you telling me I need to grow it out some so they don't totally shave my head?

Aimee

I tried to email her, too. I got an undeliverable. I'll post my questions here and see if I can get some answers/comments:

I have a friend from High School that gave me a list of things to bring, but she
went through OCS like 5 years ago!

Here's her list. If you have time, please add to it/give me comments!!!

- a lighter (to burn stray threads off of uniforms)
- cuticle scissors
- extra running shoes (to be stored in your "female box" -*- and used for
inspections)
- clear nail polish (for the threads on back of buttons...)
- flashlight
- bathing suit (i have no idea what a catalina bathing suit is...am assuming any
sort of speedo style suit will suffice - ??)
- alarm clock (she said we have to get up by our own alarm clocks no later than
4:45am to be ready. I had always assumed we would be woken up by some mean DI
rolling a steel garbage can down the hallways!!)
- a watch to wear during last 2 weeks
- extra blanket (so you can sleep on top of already-made bed)
- tampons and pads
- deoderant
- tweezers
- zip lock bags (I can't remember what they were for, but she said to pack up my feminine protection products in ziplocs to be used for something (??) )

-*- Question about "Female Box." Is this some sort of box they issue you, and
then the DI's can't touch?

What about soap and shampoo? Do they give you that or do you need to bring it?

Meridiani

LOL, Grandmaster! I don't think she realized how that sounded...
icon_smile_wink.gif

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Originally posted by AimeeHa ha ha! Oops...
You asked for it... Straight from the chat room...

Grandmaster235 says yep... driving anywhere in fla is kind of boring... unless you're on A1A
a says go comment on my box again so i can write back. 2 posts to go til i get a star!!! i am desperate!
a says speed limit on a1a is tedious...
Grandmaster235 says ohhh I think I have a new signature line!!!
a says OH NO!!
a says
Grandmaster235 says too bad you didn't sign onto the chat as aimee
a says ha ha ha... could be easily fixed. then again, i could be someone merely posing as 'aimee.' you'll never know!
Grandmaster235 says we'll let the unwashed masses decide

<<tali264 says i love the dolphins>>

Status
Not open for further replies.