• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Things are getting sporty

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Please don't give COER any ideas...
Thankfully, I doubt any of them would be the type to own any evil scary guns of evil . . .

Though I did get spotlighted in the night FCLP pattern on 25 at NUW once. That was fun.

GroundPounder

We had a guy come out and put a .308 round through a LE helicopter that was supporting a warrant service next door to him, earlier this year.

He quickly became a guest of ours.

There are more crazy people out there than you think. My guess is that the more things like this happen, the more they will happen. People are really starting to fray at the psychological health edges which I think will result in people actually doing things that they have previously just ranted and raved about over a few social beers or meths.

I hope I am wrong.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Given the ease that laser pointer offenders are tracked down and prosecuted, and given ADS-B position data, the appropriate authorities will track down the shooter very quickly and will be in for a rude surprise.

GroundPounder

Given the ease that laser pointer offenders are tracked down and prosecuted, and given ADS-B position data, the appropriate authorities will track down the shooter very quickly and will be in for a rude surprise.

We have had a few of those, but all so far have turned out to be people messing around with lasers with no ill intent. They are relatively easy to catch, due to the specificity that we get from the pilots affected. The last one was the young teen son of a father that works here in an government building that is involved in our nation's security affairs. By the time our investigators left that house, they were more concerned about the fate that awaited the kid from his dad than anything else....

GroundPounder

We had a guy come out and put a .308 round through a LE helicopter that was supporting a warrant service next door to him, earlier this year.

He quickly became a guest of ours.

There are more crazy people out there than you think. My guess is that the more things like this happen, the more they will happen. People are really starting to fray at the psychological health edges which I think will result in people actually doing things that they have previously just ranted and raved about over a few social beers or meths.

I hope I am wrong.

https://www.wrdw.com/2020/08/14/blythe-man-gets-15-years-for-shooting-at-law-enforcement-copter/

Speak of the devil, our friend just got sentenced to 15 years in the Federal system. In addition, he owes $54,960 in restitution, which I don't think anyone will be holding their breath for.