• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Ten Commandments...

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
....of the landing Signal Officer (LSO).

From the most recent Approach Magazine.

By LCDR M.R. Groothousen, CVW-8...now RDML Groothousen, Assistant Deputy Commandant for Aviation Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps and former CO of the USS Harry S. Truman CVN-75.

A good read for all Boat Bound SNAs.

r/
G

Attachments

• The X Commandments1.jpg
    The X Commandments1.jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 306

Whalebite

Sort of unrelated: What marine aircraft go to the boat, what boats are thoes, and how long/ what mission do they accomplish?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
USMC F/A-18Cs. They deploy just like USN F/A-18s.

Google VMFA

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
TheBubba said:
A4's, which one of the two black and white photos is you?

j/k

ACTUALLY .... the guy in the first pix in khakis is a spittin' image ... sans "real" Paddles, of course. :)

Back-in-the-day the favored dress of the discerning LSO was khakis, yellow flight deck jersey, accompanied by your little flight deck hat and Ray-Bans. Guess we watched too many WW2 movies .... ??

Pags

N/A
pilot
I believe the upper middle LSO is then LT David McCampbell waving off of the old USS Wasp (CV-7) before he got all his kills.

cv7_wasp_5-42_nara.jpg

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
KBayDog said:
A4s is brought to you in Technicolor, young man.

Wow, I didn't know there were cameras even around when A4s was in. Were mutton chops still in regs when you were in A4s? I bet you knew John paul Jones personally.:D

j/k