• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Runway is Short

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Back before WWII started, the country of Bobedonia had aquired brand new B-17's. The Chief Military pilot was flying the first B-17 in before the others. On the approach, the Captain said to his co-pilot: "Runway is short, give me 10 degrees flaps." The co-pilot reaches down and retracts the flaps. Further into the approach the captain says: "Runway is very short, give me 20 degrees flaps." Again, the co-pilot drops the flaps down to 20 degrees.

About 2 miles from the threshold the, the Captain says in a very urgent voice: "Runway very, very short, give me full flaps now," The co-pilot does what he his told. A few seconds later they touch down. Props are reversed and brakes are locked. When all the dust finally cleared, the airplane's main gear was only a few inches away from the edge of the concrete.

The flightcrew sigh in relief. The Captain turns toward the co-pilot and says: "Runway very, very, very short," where the co-pilot responds: "Yes, runway is very short, but is very, very wide."

Status
Not open for further replies.