• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Gun Markets of Pakistan

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
This is simultaneously funny, scary, and educational....

http://www.vbs.tv/video.php?id=494769783

I'm not sure about the workmanship, but I sure would love to have one of those Lewis guns up over my mantle. Also, the term "Range Safety Officer" seems to have no equivalent in Urdu...

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I'm just stoked there's someone still selling ammo anymore.

Four stores today and I finally came up with a brick of .22LR. I've almost given up hope of finding anymore .38spl. . .

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I like their philosophy

"Many Sons and lots of Guns."

Thats my philosophy. That area is probably the freest place on the planet.

statesman

pilot
Freedom can be measured in many ways. My guess is that the government and the People in that area have a very good understanding of where the base of power lies. My guess is it's with the People.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Freedom can be measured in many ways. My guess is that the government and the People in that area have a very good understanding of where the base of power lies. My guess is it's with the People.

Your guess would be wrong.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot

-1 for headwork. I don't see people flocking to the mountains of Pakistan because it's known as the most freedom loving place on earth. If you think the "power" lies with the people because they can get their hands on just about any weapon they can pay for you need to take another look at how things are run. The agrarian democratic paradise Jefferson envisioned, it isn't.

statesman

pilot
Which is why the the Pakistani Government has so much influence in that area? Which is why it has been so easy for the Pakistani government to go in there and police the area so well? I think not.

Maybe it doesn't fit into traditional western perceptions of 'freedom', it certainly is not the agrarian paradise Jefferson envisioned, but the inhabitants of that area have certainly found a way to govern themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to live there.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Which is why the the Pakistani Government has so much influence in that area? Which is why it has been so easy for the Pakistani government to go in there and police the area so well? I think not.

Maybe it doesn't fit into traditional western perceptions of 'freedom', it certainly is not the agrarian paradise Jefferson envisioned, but the inhabitants of that area have certainly found a way to govern themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to live there.

I wouldn't exactly call it governance, and it is not the people that rule but a select few who dictate what goes on there. Tribal rule is not democracy, more like autocracy in this case.