• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Gouge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetjock863

No go on flight...JAG???
Justy wondering, to anyone who used "the astb gouge" on this forum, did it make a huge difference on your scores, as opposed to only studying the study guide? If I don't make it this round, i gotta take the test again in December and I wanna have a little hope for scoring really well, to get me through. (OAR 44)

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I didn't take the test twice, so I don't have a "before and after" for you. I did study the gouge here though, and I found it to be very similar to the real test. My OAR was either a 57 or a 59, and that was about a year and a half ago.

Ironfeliks23

USC- Sr.
I took the test with only the gouge from this site. I did fairly well, enough to make me quite competitive. Consider it like an SAT, so you cant truely study for it, save for the nautical and history part. Just make sure, if you get one wrong in practice, you are completely sure how to do it properly, regardless of the specific numbers of the problem.

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
I used the Gouge on this site as well as the ARCO book. Both seemed to relate fairly well to the exam. I also only took it once so no before and after for me and I think I will stick with my 79. (no point in going for the perfect unless I get turned down)

Kobyra

Status
Not open for further replies.