• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The future of CEC selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In the next couple years CEC will select one of the largest group of officer candidates. Looks like aviation is in the tank for a good while. If you have an engineering degree thake a look at CEC. If you want action the Seabees can provide plenty in the form of M-16s and bull dozers. If you want to build bridges, piers and airports, the CEC can do that for you too. Supervise power plants, administer million dollar contracts with civilian contractors, CEC does that. CEC may be one of the few programs that doesn't see drastic cuts in the next couple years.

Jeff29

Science Project
Are you sure about that?

I just talked to a CEC detailer and a friend in the CEC. Both said that the CEC is cutting back; that the community is overmanned by about 10%, and anyone who wants out is being given their walking papers.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If CEC is contemplating a reduction in OCS quotas it is still early in the planning stages. Field recruiters have not beeen told to standby for any reductions. As of mid August the numbers for FY05 and FY06 stand and the projection for FY07 looks to be the same. If they are only over by 10% they might be able to make the reduction by offering early outs and bouncing non performers. CEC is a relatively small community. 10% isn't that many bodies

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Wink,

Do you have any insight as to how communities come up with quotas for lat transfers?

Thanks.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Witchcraft and magic!!! Actually, it is usually born out of a need for officers in certain year groups where previous planning has fallen short, or unforseen cercumstances left them short. That would be un unexpected resignation rate at a certain seniority, or unforseen high attrition rate years before. Basicly, laterals are to fill holes in particular year groups to ensure they can man the CEC Navy at every seniority level.

bbell

wink,

Do you have any idea about the manning levels for Intel and Crypto over the next few years?

Thanks,

Brady

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
About 57 Intel and 15 crypto for FY06 (some of those are already filled) and the very preliminary outlook is for the same in FY07. FY07 isn't open for nonBDCP applicants yet.

bbell

Thanks for the info wink. Looks like the numbers are down, especially for Crypto. I sent in my application in June for BDCP. Because of my age, 06 will be my last hope at OCS.

Brady

Jeff29

Science Project
Thisguy said:
Wink,

Do you have any insight as to how communities come up with quotas for lat transfers?
I was told that for FY05 the CEC will only take 5 transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.