• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The first British P-8A has personal name

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Gents,

The first RAF Poseidon MRA.1 boasts personal name, Pride of Moray. Two days ago RAF No 120 Squadron received this airplane. There possibly will be the full squadron of "prides". I know USAF has a habit to give the big wing the names, what about USN MPRA? Is there any American Poseidon with personal name?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Willful Murder
Sudden Death
Jumping Billy
Belcher
True Blue
Viper
Revenge
Mad Anthony
Bulldog
Tom Crib
Beelzebub
Nancy Dawson
Spitfire

HMS Surprise

Notanaviator

Contributor
Max, little known fact, every aircraft in Naval Aviation bears the area code of either the pilot or the crew chief. Big black numbers near the nose of the aircraft. Shouldn’t be sharing that in an open unclassified environment, but you seem like one of the good guys, and I’ve always had a soft place in my heart for Belarussians.

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Don't be, we're little stupid crowd fooled by Russians constantly. But ok, thanks for explanations. Aside, you always write not only name but the place of origin too. Small hint on beloved times when America was truely federal state...
Look, in Russia only the "ships" can bear the personal name. In our air force parlance the "aircraft" is something less than 20 meters of lengh. "Ship" is 20+. Thus MiG-25 is an aircraft, one of many, MiG-31 is a Ship and could be given personal name. Foolish pride, right?
Again, thanks a lot.