• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Dentist...and MEPS

Jameski

Samsonite... I was WAY off!!
Hey everyone,

Quick question for anyone who might have had this issue in the past. I just got back from the dentist, where I found out that the years of not going to see him have finally caught up with me. I have a few cavities in there now and was also just told my insurance doesn't cover getting them out.

Anyways, I hope to be going to MEPS sometime soon for SNA and I'm worried that if I don't front the $1,300 bill to get them out now, that could cost me a chance to fly for the Navy. Has anyone heard whether or not having cavities would be a hindrance at MEPS? I remember reading a thread sometime in the past about fillings, I think, and that it shouldn't be a problem but I'm not sure about how some cavities would effect the physical. Thanks for any help and info you guys have! :icon_tong

Jameski

Sorry... for some reason I'm having trouble with my computer and this was posted twice. :(

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
When I went to MEPS I had two cavities (that I know of) that I don't have an appointment to get fixed until next week. I also needed my wisdom teeth removed, but the only time they (MEPS) looked at my mouth was when they were trying to find new ways to give me grief over paperwork. Don't worry about it.

Jameski

Nice! Thanks. I was thinking, if needed, I could always just get them out once I go in. :)