• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Application Process for OCS (SNA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
Hello all. When applying for OCS, how should you go about getting the recommendations? Anyone have suggestions? How would you go about receiving a recommendation from a State Senator? Also, when you do get the recommendations, do they need to be sealed, and sent to the recruiter, or me? If anyone could give me any advice on the application process in general I would greatly appreciate! Also, I was wondering about the personal statement. I'm assuming you just need to be honest on that? I think that's probably my best bet considering how passionate I am about flying. Thanks again.

- Warlord

Meridiani

Letters of recommendation are generally sent directly to your recruiter. Some of the people who wrote letters for me sent them to me, and I sent them to my recruiter; it's just what people are comfortable with. As for the application process, I've compiled a summary on my homepage. Just click on my homepage link, or look in my user profile for it.

Borncreole

Meridiani, I read your web page and it was very informative. However, I am active duty navy. Do you know the steps after I submit my package to Pensacola. I know they say around 4-6 weeks to find out if you are accepted but I am not sure. I already have the medical, and security clearance complete. Well if anyone knows about how long it takes after you mail off your package and then what happens next......let me know.

Meridiani

I'm not very familiar with the AD application process. I'm sure if you look around the Enlisted Commissioning forum at this site, or the Active Duty forum at www.usnavyocs.com , you'll find your answer.
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.