• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Air Force...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASUPilot

Well, I had my interview today for the Air Force out at Luke AFB. I had the privilege to have the sqaudron commander of the 63rd fighter squadron conduct the interview. It went very well, and I was invited back out for a nice simulator session in the F-16. I jumped up into the cockpit and literally lost my salad! I can't describe how incredible I thought it was. Needless to say I am very excited...my Air Force package is now just about done. I did make one observation though...the Air Force sure has some nice facilities! I was amazed at how nice things really were. Now we all know that if I had my way I'd be in the Navy right now, but that won't happen. However, I am extremely excited about the Air Force and I am praying that the October Pilot Board sees things my way. All of you pray for me, LOL!

ASUPilot

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Sounds great, hope all goes well.

As for Air Force vs. Navy facilities... gotta agree with you there, all the $$ in the Navy goes into those haze gray things floating in the water, and the planes that go on some of them. That coupled with a WWII infrastructure of bases and buildings doesn't help...

chodge

quote:
As for Air Force vs. Navy facilities... gotta agree with you there, all the $$ in the Navy goes into those haze gray things floating in the water, and the planes that go on some of them. That coupled with a WWII infrastructure of bases and buildings doesn't help...

Ha! Gotta disagree with you about SOME of the Air Force's facilities, at any rate. I'm doing primary at Vance AFB right now, and this place is even more bleak than most Navy bases I've been to. Of course, that's mostly because it's got that same WWII look going on. But I was sorely disappointed to learn that not ALL Air Force bases have a golf course...

Chris Hodge
ENS, USNR

beau

Chris,
What happened to in that T-37 crash a couple of days ago? I'm just south of you flying at OU.

Finch

chodge

quote:
Chris,
What happened to in that T-37 crash a couple of days ago?

Yeah, that was pretty sad. Another Navy student, actually, in the class ahead of me, on a solo flight. Apparently he was rolling out from his final turn onto final, and somehow the jet crashed about a mile out. The student didn't make it; he probably died on impact. They haven't said for certain what caused it, but there's lots of speculation (maybe a stall, from being too low and slow, etc.). Really was a sobering experience for a lot of us here, made us realize it's not as much of a game as we sometimes treat it. The memorial service is tomorrow/today (Tuesday). I hope everyone here can hold him and his family in your thoughts and prayers for at least a moment today.

Chris Hodge
ENS, USNR

Status
Not open for further replies.