• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The "Age" thing

hrntcat18

I have talked to alot of recruiters about this and have got many different answers. Now i know some of you are priors and some of you arent. im 26, 7 yrs active, currently mobilized and a soph. in college. am i ok for the pilot program?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Max age for pilot is 30 w/prior service (provided that you have at least 4 years active)

As long as you're commissioned before you hit the max age, you should be OK, unless somethings changed (we had a prior in our OCS class who was 30).

Wedge

I went through OCS at 26 and am now 28 and in flight school and I am not even a prior, and I didn't have any trouble with age.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thisguy said:
Max age for pilot is 30 w/prior service (provided that you have at least 4 years active)

Negative! Max age is 27 with a month for month prior active duty service age waiver up to 24 months. With the max waiver, that means commissioned before you turn 29. If you are currently mobilized and a sophmore, I think it will be next to impossible to meet the age limit for pilot or NFO. What about throwing togather a STA 21 packabge while you are on active duty? Get back to school sooner, on the Navy's dime, and maybe beat the age limit.

And wedge, you were selected some time ago (not that you are old). Things have changed. Very few guys get selected for OCS now, let alone aviation, at age 26. Consider yourself fortunate. Hey, if I applied today I would likely not be accepted. Yet I had a pretty good career.