• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Test Results and a Big Thank You!!!

emwarren

Hey guys!! So a huge thank you to the Air Warriors! I took the ASTB for the first time today with only 3 weeks of study and got a 69 9/8/9! I'm so thankful to this thread and all the resources here. I wanted to post to say thank you to you guys and put myself out there if you guys have questions about the studying process!

Hey guys!! So a huge thank you to the Air Warriors! I took the ASTB for the first time today with only 3 weeks of study and got a 69 9/8/9! I'm so thankful to this thread and all the resources here. I wanted to post to say thank you to you guys and put myself out there if you guys have questions about the studying process!

Thats awesome! What did you use to study? For some reason I feel a little disorganized when it comes to studying for this exam since its so broad. I have looked at Kyles Study Gouge but I will take any tips

emwarren

Thats awesome! What did you use to study? For some reason I feel a little disorganized when it comes to studying for this exam since its so broad. I have looked at Kyles Study Gouge but I will take any tips

I totally feel that! The breadth of material is kind of overwhelming. I used the Barron's book to study for the OAR section, and I found it really helpful for actually learning the material. As far as actual practice questions, I did a lot of googling of just random options, but the Trivium practice exams really helped. Kyle's gouge really helped a lot!

The ANIT section is a bit more complicated especially if you have no background in the aviation field. Definitely read the chapters that Kyle highlighted in the FAA handbook. If you see something you don't understand, dive deeper! I made flashcards for the control systems and parts of the ship to help learn them quickly!

The only thing I really did to prepare for PBM is learn those compass headings!!! These are some flashcards that really helped: https://www.proprofs.com/flashcards/story.php?title=_36014. Don't overthink the NAFTI, just go with your gut. The only other thing is practice multitasking. Listen to music and watch tv at the same time or something like that!

GOOD LUCK!! Let me know if you have any other questions!