• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS Orders

Deror

How can I make this thread more awkward?
I'm betting there are a lot of new 2nd Lt's that prowl this site waiting to class up at TBS. Has anyone received orders yet? A friend working for his OSO informed me that the October class is now full, but that's the first and only time that I heard the info, so I'm a bit skeptical.

pharaelga

Constantly lost in the sauce....
I received orders in May for Golf which starts in Sept... but I have no clue which classes have already filled up. It was explained to us that there is usually 300 lt's vying for 250 spots, so 50 will be out of luck until the next class. I'm figuring pft scores and swim quals will be a factor in who classes up.

sanders

in recent years, most companys have started with 290-300 Lt's. My company showed up with about 330 Lt's so around 30 got cut. several of them had medical issues preventing them from picking up anyway. As long as you get a decent pt score, and don't bomb the swim qual you will be fine

WinterMute

Anyone have any idea how long before your class you should receive orders? So, if I was going in October, I should have orders by XXX?

sanders

I commissioned in May of 09 and got my orders for A Co (October 2009) the day I commissioned. One guy in my platoon got orders 2-3 weeks before he showed up to TBS, but he was a law contract, so that might be a special circumstance.

Deror

Thanks for the info. Very few of my fellow candidates who are commissioning this summer have received orders yet. The majority of those I know have been told that March is the most likely outcome. Out of curiosity, in light of the Marine Corps cutting back on air contracts, could you estimate how many air contracts are in each company at TBS?

sanders

A,B,C Co all had around 70-80 air contracts. I believe the number decreased with D and E. I heard from a guy in Echo that there were only about 30-40 in his company. I don't know if the decrease in air contracts at tbs is due to them delaying the air contracts' TBS date, or because the Marines have been accepting fewer air contracts into OCS.

Oh, and I just talked to 2 guys who commissioned PLC in May. One will be coming in October, and the other will be coming in December. They are both air contracts.

The good news is that it looks like the pipeline is finally starting to speed up. Right now it is around a 10 month wait for API. I would guess it will be better by the time you get done with TBS. Otherwise you get to be one of us lucky Marines who gets to go to language school.....

Deror

Thanks. I'm not commissioning until next month, so looks like my OSO's prediction of a March TBS date may prove accurate. I'm not aware of any effort to delay air contracts from getting to TBS, but I do know that air contracts for OCC are becoming harder to come by; so that likely accounts for the diminishing numbers. Since most of the PLC candidates will be going to TBS later in the year, I wouldn't be surprised to see those numbers increase. Thanks for the info.

Monty

Atleast the pipeline is moving. I heard of a couple 2nd Lts. who were stashed with a reserve phrog squadron and are on a 5 month deployment bc the wait for API is so long.

I commished in June and report to TBS Dec 14th. Any intel on when we go through IFS. Is the trend that we complete that while we are in Mike Co. before we class up?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Atleast the pipeline is moving. I heard of a couple 2nd Lts. who were stashed with a reserve phrog squadron and are on a 5 month deployment bc the wait for API is so long.

I commished in June and report to TBS Dec 14th. Any intel on when we go through IFS. Is the trend that we complete that while we are in Mike Co. before we class up?

It's more like 6 or 7 months, and the guys who went on the MEU weren't going because they had a long wait to start (If they didn't go, they would both be starting API by now). They went because they wanted to go. There is at least one guy on this board from that squadron that posts here on the regular.