• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS Before flight physical approval

RogerRoger

I am graduating college in March. I currently have an NFO contract. My flight physical is still waiting to be approved and will not be approved for a while. After I graduate from college, do I have to wait for my flight physcial to be approved before I can comission and go to TBS?

Is it possible to go to TBS with an NFO contract (pending flight physical approval) and then if the physical is approved during TBS keep my NFO contract? (or if it's not approved be switched to Ground)

Any help is very much appriciated.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
How do you already have a flight contract without an approved flight physical? Something smells fishy to me. Usually, you won't be given a contract (unless you're currently under a ground contract and don't know it....) until all your paperwork is approved, and you can't commission (or go to TBS for that matter) until you have a contract. I'd inquire a little more and find out if your OSO is giving you bad gouge just to get you to sign for a ground slot.

sanders

You can get a flight contract without having a flight physical. I got an air contract 3 years ago but I did not get my physical till last year.

jtmedli

pilot
I am graduating college in March. I currently have an NFO contract. My flight physical is still waiting to be approved and will not be approved for a while. After I graduate from college, do I have to wait for my flight physcial to be approved before I can comission and go to TBS?

Is it possible to go to TBS with an NFO contract (pending flight physical approval) and then if the physical is approved during TBS keep my NFO contract? (or if it's not approved be switched to Ground)

The best advice here: call your OSO and ask the above questions. You can't commission until your flight physical is done with your current contract (my problem to a T except that I'm OCC). You can go Ground if you so choose, but I don't think you can go NFO without having the physical taken care of first.

Phrost_Bite

Future Flyboy

I feel your pain. I graduated in December and haven't even had my physical completed yet. I'm set to go next week though. I still have to finish PLC Sr too so that gives them about 6 months to have it approved if I plan on commissioning right after OCS in July. How long have you been waiting for an approval? Any clue when to expect it back?