• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tank Battalions

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
It is (er... was...) such a small community within the Marine Corps anyway. I'm sure this applies to just a handful of officers and SNCOs.

The joke used to be that the NC Army Guard had more tanks than the entire Marine Corps. I'm not sure how true that was, but it is believable.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
It is (er... was...) such a small community within the Marine Corps anyway. I'm sure this applies to just a handful of officers and SNCOs.

The joke used to be that the NC Army Guard had more tanks than the entire Marine Corps. I'm not sure how true that was, but it is believable.

I wouldn't doubt it. The NC Natty Guard boys get a lot funding and are pretty well kitted out with a good mix of units. Hell the Air Guard bubbas just got bend new C-17s.

exNavyOffRec

It looks like the USMC has/had just over 400 tanks and 69 tank recovery vehicles, I don't know how that translates to numbers of personnel.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

It is still true. There are about 400 tanks in the ARNG. I saw an article that over half a USMC tank unit transferred to the Idaho ARNG!

exNavyOffRec

It is still true. There are about 400 tanks in the ARNG. I saw an article that over half a USMC tank unit transferred to the Idaho ARNG!
It looks like there is another article that sent them to the Army and the USMC tank guys will be allowed to move into the Army to continue their career, of course who knows how many behind the scenes deals are going on. I just want to see if any show up at DRMO so I can pick one up and park it at my house :D

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It looks like there is another article that sent them to the Army and the USMC tank guys will be allowed to move into the Army to continue their career, of course who knows how many behind the scenes deals are going on. I just want to see if any show up at DRMO so I can pick one up and park it at my house :D
Park it?? Drive it down to the VFW, HOA meeting, VA, polling place, or city council meeting.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Park it?? Drive it down to the VFW, HOA meeting, VA, polling place, or city council meeting.
200_d.gif