• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Taking Leave w/ STA-21/ROTC

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
I'm sure this is a moot point, but in the event of a family crisis or emergency, how difficult is it to take leave while in school?

I'm not looking at it from the angle of taking a few weeks off just to burn leave, but if you have a death or birth in the family, how difficult is the process?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Same as in the fleet. You let your COC know, fill out an emergency leave chit, and go on leave. Missing a couple days of classes isn't going to hurt you.

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
The better your GPA, the better the chances usually.
Shouldn't be too difficult though.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm sure this is a moot point, but in the event of a family crisis or emergency, how difficult is it to take leave while in school?

I'm not looking at it from the angle of taking a few weeks off just to burn leave, but if you have a death or birth in the family, how difficult is the process?

At our unit, our MECEPs and OCs had no problems taking leave in case of emergencies.