• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tactical Aviator quotas

Status
Not open for further replies.

UMichfly

pilot
None
You're in luck buddy. It's 100%. The Navy is in dire need of tactical aviators to pilot aircraft including the mighty P-3 Orion, the venerable E-2 Hawkeye, the F/A-18 Hornet, and for a few lucky devils, the indomitable and undeniably tactical SH-60.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Top Ten answers to perpetual Quota questions

If there are any instructors floating around out there...what are the current quotas for tactical aviators?

10. Been here long? (as if we didn't know)

9. Plenty of instructors on the forum (and the Admiral in charge as well)

8. Do a stroll through topics and you'll receive plenty of enlightenment*

7. Welcome to the AW Virtual Ready Room!

6. Don't even ask the "What percentage get" question

5. Would that be Navy or Marine quotas?

4. What did they say at ODU?

3. It depends

2. Your mileage may vary

1. Try search function

*be sure to note how loath forum is to answer quota questions

monarch_2011

Two years and counting...
okay...replace quota with "how many guys got to choose jets last week." I understand the needs of the navy and blah blah blah, i just want to know what is actually taking place this minute.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
okay...replace quota with "how many guys got to choose jets last week." I understand the needs of the navy and blah blah blah, i just want to know what is actually taking place this minute.

100% of the guys the navy needed to get jets got them last week.

xmid

pilot
Contributor

It seems like most guys with the grades and that want it are getting tailhook right now. Of course that is a pointless bit of information for you because that could swing 180 degrees by the time you get here and no one could be getting them. Seems like these things work in knee jerk fashion. This week they could be screaming "we need jet guys, we need jet guys" and next week they are screaming "we took to many jet guys last week, don't send anymore for a couple months!" 2011 is way too far out to be getting an idea whos getting what. Alot of things change and alot of guys come in here thinking "jets or bust" and end up wanting nothing to do with pointy nose planes come selection time. And just so you know, you asked the most hated question around here...

monarch_2011

Two years and counting...
Okay then...let's start over. I understand that the percentage of SNA's receiving orders to the strike fighter community is based on percentage numbers and manning requirements that are written far ahead of time and are almost totally unpredictable. The reason I specifically asked for instructor input was not to demonstrate ignorance of their presence, but to get the information from the most informed source. I understand that the only control I have over the selection process is my own work ethic leading directly to my gradable performance both in and out of the cockpit. I did not mean to insult anyone on the forum or waste their time with "another quota question." If the question is that big of a waste of time, then I would prefer that you just skip answering it next time as opposed to giving me a top ten list of reasons of why you think I am a dumbass.

As for the Commander-in-Chief, I serve him in the same capacity that you do and I believe that everyone should be held accountable for what they do and do not say. My remark was neither distastful or disproportionate of his actions.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

From the forum perspective, the last thing we want is to become a weekly "What are the numbers like this week?" like a Stock Market index.
It's always driven by needs of the fleet and can change week by week. You have 2+ years before you'll be at that juncture. The new adminstration is already giving rise to rumors of elimination of an Air Wing so numbers will really change.

These are the ready to go infractions on the Mod panel. Note the last one. Please stop pushing for quotas, percentages and numbers.

Title
BAD GOUGE: Check the info you posted, its out of date or in question!

Copyright violation

Disrespect to another forum member

Hey FNG, keep your trap shut (ie "listen more/speak less")

Inappropriate Language

Insulted Other Member(s)

Signature Rule Violation

Spammed Advertisements

Threadjacking

Useless Post

Intentional use of "what % get..", it's no longer funny

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Okay then...let's start over. I understand that the percentage of SNA's receiving orders to the strike fighter community is based on percentage numbers and manning requirements that are written far ahead of time and are almost totally unpredictable. The reason I specifically asked for instructor input was not to demonstrate ignorance of their presence, but to get the information from the most informed source. I understand that the only control I have over the selection process is my own work ethic leading directly to my gradable performance both in and out of the cockpit. I did not mean to insult anyone on the forum or waste their time with "another quota question." If the question is that big of a waste of time, then I would prefer that you just skip answering it next time as opposed to giving me a top ten list of reasons of why you think I am a dumbass.

As for the Commander-in-Chief, I serve him in the same capacity that you do and I believe that everyone should be held accountable for what they do and do not say. My remark was neither distastful or disproportionate of his actions.

This just sounds like another way to ask....the question!!!!

Way to make friends, Chet.

Is the word "disproportionate " up there with anyways and irregardless?

Blah, blah, blah...words....ZZZzzzzzzzzzz :sleep_125

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

..........or, we can call it like we see it and appropriately label you as a fucktard. Call TW-5 and ask them if you want the up to date information. Attitude gets you exactly jack shit here.

Status
Not open for further replies.