• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T6B Instructional Videos on YouTube

shutout39

pilot
Some solid GoPro videos from T6B cockpit now up on YouTube. They have course rules, forms, aero, and break and landing videos. The music is lame but there is prompting for radio calls and hand signals (during forms). Would have been clutch to have 'back in my day' but I just selected.

On YouTube search for: IJTRL and click that username. All their videos can be found on the page. I didn't shoot the videos and those who did had permission.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If these were approved, I'm guessing they should be showing up on the computers for review. Though it's nice these are on YT, as well. Let's you review/study at home.

And for those of you who get to do this stuff, I hate you. That is all.

jtmedli

pilot
Im pretty sure the TRAWING 5 SOP states "No cameras or recording equipment in the cockpit or on the flight line". Im seriously wondering if these are actually approved videos or the ass-pain is about to come down the pipe.

Green11

Living the dream
They were approved. They have been working on doing them for awhile now. Pretty sure it's all FITU pilots doing the flying. IIRC, it was quite the process to get everything approved.

jtmedli

pilot
They were approved. They have been working on doing them for awhile now. Pretty sure it's all FITU pilots doing the flying. IIRC, it was quite the process to get everything approved.

Roger. If you can't get to the MOA and back with these videos, then you got problems.

Erin M.

pilot
The videos are really good. They should be helpful for the students there.

FWIW, the description of each video states that they were waivered by CNATRA to film the flights.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Im pretty sure the TRAWING 5 SOP states "No cameras or recording equipment in the cockpit or on the flight line". Im seriously wondering if these are actually approved videos or the ass-pain is about to come down the pipe.

Getting cameras in the cockpit isn't that big a deal if they're for approved curriculum videos. My buddy would regularly do Course Rule video flights in the T-34 while they were trying to improve those videos which were shown in the class. The biggest issue was a) getting the "large" civilian videographer into the aircraft and b) actually making sure the captured video was usable. You can't fly as the sole manipulator and fly from the back, but getting usable video from the back is a not very realistic. He tried getting another pilot to go up with him several times, but having the equipment and the other pilot knowing how to work it wasn't easy.

These look really good, though it helps to be in the day and age of a GoPro and the like that provides decent HQ/HD video. And to put them up on YT just makes sense. It's not like they're copyrighted.

None of this changes my jealousy, though.

jtmedli

pilot
The videos are really good. They should be helpful for the students there.

FWIW, the description of each video states that they were waivered by CNATRA to film the flights.

One day, young padawon, you too will stand duty and have only a POS NMCI computer at your disoposal that won't load videos or half the webpages. Don't judge me so quickly for missing that! :D

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
None of this changes my jealousy, though.

Indeed. As I recall Whiting course rules and the FAM0 (Zero) preflight were the most anxiety producing "events" in during Primary. I know that a lot of people want to go to Corpus simply because the course rules are easier.

I think this was my first running monologue in my head during FAMs- "Okay, second dirt road... it's should be red... or wait, brown? Did it rain yesterday? Oh geez, he's probably getting angry back there... well maybe if I start to turn a little bit and he doesn't say anything... Okay, 15, 20, 25 degrees and... sweet, he didn't say anything- I must been right- now where is that water tower?" :)

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Way to devolve that into a discussion about CNATRA and TRAWING SOP you douchnozzles...thanks for the linky, good job on the Youtubes...
Pickle

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Just for the record, my jealousy is about flying them, not about being able to watch them on YT.

Way to devolve that into a discussion about CNATRA and TRAWING SOP you douchnozzles...thanks for the linky, good job on the Youtubes...
Pickle

Thanks for the course correction. Certainly no good discussions have come from thread topic changes here.